Looking for Friends...

Options
Hey All!
I'm fairly new - I started MFP about a month ago, but wasn't very consistant until this past week. A little about myself: I've always been a little over-weight until 2008 when I took a nutrition class and dropped 7 pounds in 2 months. I was ecstatic to finally hit my goal of 120 lbs and a size 6. I got pregnant 3 months later. Now, I'm a working mom, married with 2 boys under the age of 2. I'm battling post-partum depression along with the added anxiety of my mom's 5 year battle with breast cancer. Life is always moving forward and I feel like I can't keep up. I can't keep up with the bills, my weight loss, my house cleaning...

So I'm looking for some friends to help inspire me to along my journey. I log in every day during the week but have a hard time with the weekend. It's hard for me to lose more than .8 lbs a week (according to MFP goal plan) unless I workout like crazy - and I don't really have a lot of time for that. It would be really nice to have some friends keep me accountable and to be excited for my little milestones. Bleh - it sounds a little desperate, but there have to be some other new people out there that feel the same way.

Best of luck to everyone as you do your best to make a better you!

Replies

106246 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I would love to be your friend.
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    Welcome you can add me as a friend if you would like
  • DonnaMaas
    Options
    Welcome back to MFP, please add me to your friends list. I was in the same situation with my girls years ago. My last two kids are girls and they are 15 months apart plus I have a son who is 3 years older. They are now grown but I remember very well how challenging it can be. Let us help by giving you lots of support.
  • Beebee78
    Options
    Sending massive hugs xxx
  • mlh612
    mlh612 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Welcome and you can add me...
    I have been on and off the fitness kick, but started back today going strong. I log in breakfast and lunch at work, then once I get home it is a coin toss on if I log in... I work full-time and have a 5 year, so I know life gets hectic and you barely have time to think sometimes...So my goal is to log in every food/drink that I have this week and make myself log it on the weekends...
    Best of luck!!
  • baker_c
    baker_c Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    welcome! Feel free to add me. Glad you're hear and on your way.:smile:
  • Annista
    Annista Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!! I understand the rat race, it is so overwhelming!!! It's great that you are taking some time for you!! Feel free to add me = )
  • H_82
    H_82 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    You're welcome to add me as a friend if you'd like. I "officially" started logging everything about 2 weeks ago & have actually stuck with it (yes, I'm that shocked). It's really opened my eyes, calorie wise, to what I was eating in the past (WAY more calories that I should've been eating). I'd be more than happy to motivate you! :)