Mexican food

mfregos2
mfregos2 Posts: 10 Member
I am Mexican American and I am trying to make the traditional Mexican plates that my mom makes but with healthier ingredients. Need help???

Replies

• 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Traditional homemade Mexican actually sounds pretty healthy, as long as you're using fresh ingredients. Just make your portion sizes fit your goals :)
  • dward59
    dward59 Posts: 731 Member
    Define traditional plates? Calabacitas - doesn't get much healthier. Black beans and rice, freshly made salsa's. Use lean cuts of meat, limit those wonderful lard based tortilla's and pan dulce should be avoided. An occasional boillot again should be OK. I think it is in the decision process of what you want to eat. Almost every dish can be leaned up somewhat.

If you stay away from the anglicised versions of "Mexican" food, you can really eat very healthy food. If you give some ideas of what you are looking for maybe we can offer better help?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!