2»

Replies

• Loisandrev
    Options
    Which HRM do you have?
  • TennVolsGal
    TennVolsGal Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar f6 and I love it. i only wear it during cardio workouts.

Which one is this....I'm considering the FT40 or FT60. Anyone have either of these?
    See the website: http://www.polarusa.com/us-en/products/improve_fitness/fitness_crosstraining/FT60
  • jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar FT60. I love love love it. It's been great for training for my runs and workouts in general.
  • TennVolsGal
    TennVolsGal Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar FT60. I love love love it. It's been great for training for my runs and workouts in general.

Great...will be asking that for my birthday coming up LOL!!
  • KarenBorter
    KarenBorter Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Which HRM do you have?

Lois ... The Polar F6 is a really good entry level HRM. It includes a chest strap but doesn't count steps or mileage walked. I typically only count any "Measurable" exercise such as my cardio, weight training at the gym and (currently) the 30DS that I am doing nightly. I DO back out normal calories burned for sitting on my *kitten* and the rest is what I log as "consumable" calories.

I think that a chest strap is probably the best way to go with HRM ... it counts continuous heart rate ... anyway good luck!
  • bmgaspard
    Options
    When using an HRM, you usually input your zones. This gives the HRM your ideal Heart rate zone for burning calories and fat. If you are out of your zone the calorie count won't be accurate. If you want a calculation of calories burned throughout the day, I think a BodyBugg would be your ideal solution.