What's your biggest non scale victory?

Options

Replies

• bennettinfinity
    bennettinfinity Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Went shopping for dress shirts and the clerk walked me over to the 'slim fit' section.

Best of all... the shirts fit! Jackpot! :drinker:
  • Holly_belle
    Holly_belle Posts: 4,042 Member
    Options
    Seeing my clothes fit just a little bit better. Going to Walmart and buying a dress from the Juniors Dept in a size large where I normally have to buy an XL-2XL and then not having that fit the "girls" most of the time. Its the little things. :tongue:
  • margannmks
    margannmks Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Got two compliments on my awesome arms today, when last year i was complaining that stores dont carry shirts with sleeves for real women anymore. Cant wait for sleeveless this year. Also tried on bikinis today and was almost ready to buy one. Maybe next month.
  • Sunbrooke
    Sunbrooke Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Feeling comfortable enough with my thighs to wear shorts while working out. My gym is hot, so it was a major relief!
  • Areneholmes
    Areneholmes Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Going from hating my own body so much that I couldn't stand to look in the mirror to loving my body and holding things like food to a higher standard. Almost everything I do now is for the sake of my health and my body, and though I don't see big visible changes in my shape (yet!), I feel the difference in my stamina, energy, mood, and more. :)

Getting closer to a 12 minute mile.
    Staying on the elliptical for as long as I want when 10 minutes was almost impossible in the beginning.
  • Polygontus
    Polygontus Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I'm not very sure what my weight loss victories would be, non scale related.

Random achievement from today:
    I finished first in my 500 Freestyle race. First time in it and first league meet. Time of 7:45.50.

Other random achievements:
    I can finally do the splits ((only on my left >_<)) and scorpion ((raising my right leg)).
    I've swam 19.9 Miles so far this month.
  • mrsait
    mrsait Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Finally into my size 12 jeans and also, my wedding rings aren't squeezing my finger and making it look like a sausage anymore. Also, I'm not winded walking up my stairs anymore!
  • Pathend2
    Pathend2 Posts: 142
    Options
    I can jog for 2 minutes straight without feeling winded. It used to be 20 seconds.
  • AmandaLY17
    AmandaLY17 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    2.5 minute plank. March 1st I could barely do 20 seconds!
  • pettychia
    pettychia Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I can do chin-ups for the first time in my entire freaking life--5 at a time!
  • amychantel
    amychantel Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I've had a few. :-)

I've logged over 250 miles since the beginning of January (January 3rd, I think).
    I climbed over 2,000 flights of stairs in less than 2 months.
    I can comfortably cross my legs.
    I'm rarely getting blemishes on my face anymore. (I attribute this to a better diet.)
    I ran 4 miles in less than 42 minutes this week (the last 3 in 30 minutes).
    I'm no longer wearing plus sizes (size 8 pants, size 9 junior jeans, size medium tops).
    My shoe size has gone down from an 8.5 to 8 or maybe even 7.5 (which was my shoe size in high school).
    I'm wearing a size medium belt on the smallest hole.
    I've completely given up soda.
    My children are eating healthier foods (not perfect, but better), since my husband and I are too.
    I'm setting a good example for my kids in terms of being active and fitting exercise into my daily life (and I know for a fact that they've noticed because of the things that they say about it).
    I'm off blood pressure medication.
    I'm no longer snoring and keeping my husband awake at night.

I'm sure there are others, but those are the ones that come to mind quickly. :D
  • ALNoog
    ALNoog Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I've had a few. :-)

I've logged over 250 miles since the beginning of January (January 3rd, I think).
    I climbed over 2,000 flights of stairs in less than 2 months.
    I can comfortably cross my legs.
    I'm rarely getting blemishes on my face anymore. (I attribute this to a better diet.)
    I ran 4 miles in less than 42 minutes this week (the last 3 in 30 minutes).
    I'm no longer wearing plus sizes (size 8 pants, size 9 junior jeans, size medium tops).
    My shoe size has gone down from an 8.5 to 8 or maybe even 7.5 (which was my shoe size in high school).
    I'm wearing a size medium belt on the smallest hole.
    I've completely given up soda.
    My children are eating healthier foods (not perfect, but better), since my husband and I are too.
    I'm setting a good example for my kids in terms of being active and fitting exercise into my daily life (and I know for a fact that they've noticed because of the things that they say about it).
    I'm off blood pressure medication.
    I'm no longer snoring and keeping my husband awake at night.

I'm sure there are others, but those are the ones that come to mind quickly. :D

That is awesome!! Way to go!
  • Deedsie
    Deedsie Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I ran my first sub 30 minute 5k in July 2012.
    I ran my first half marathon in 2:22 in October 2012.
    I ran my second half marathon in 2:01 in May 2013.
    I ran my first full marathon, the Chicago Marathon, last October in 5 hours 35 seconds.

My next marathon is in June. I'm planning to cut 15-30 minutes off my time. :)
  • claudineer
    claudineer Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I am finally back in single digit jeans. :-)

WAAAW, that's awesome.
  • claudineer
    claudineer Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Just yesterday my mother-in-law asked have I lost weight. A couple months before we weren't really getting along, so this was huge that she noticed now that we're talking.

That's awesome. She probably noticed it earlier. However, her curiosity became so unbearable she had to say something. Haha.
  • moya_rargh
    moya_rargh Posts: 1,473 Member
    Options
    Going from my before pic in 2010 (on my profile) to my current profile pic. Still got a long way to go, though.
  • wannakimmy
    wannakimmy Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    I'm not as far along in the journey as some, but just fitting into a pair of pants I couldn't 3 months ago, has been inspiring. I have a LONG way to go, but I will not give up.
  • megxmas95
    megxmas95 Posts: 26
    Options
    Yesterday I ran 10km without stopping for the first time! Very slowly, but still, such a proud moment for me!
  • roverrowe
    roverrowe Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I've had a lot of great ones, but here are a few:

# In 12 months I've gone from non-runner to running two half marathons (and a third one booked)
    # I've just discovered that after a year of regular exercise my resting heart rate is down from 72 to about 45!
    # I've worn out my first pair of running trainers in 10 months
    # I'm 42 and I wear smaller trousers and tops than I did when I was 15!

I love NSVs!
  • LRunda
    LRunda Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I recently fit into a pair of jeans that I hadn't been able to wear in like 8 years. About 6 weeks ago they were still snug around my thighs, now they're loose. That is a huge victory for me!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!