Slim fast newbie

Options
Hey all,

Been dieting on and off for ages with no willpower or loss, so decided to kickstart the diet on slimfast today. Started well but now struggling but nearly tea time ;)

Been on plenty of water but is there any other tips to help stop the hunger? This is my tricky time from 3-5 i seem to get very peckish!

I have had my 2 shakes and a low fat yoghart as a snack and carrot sticks so still have a healthy meal plus 1 snack to have but planning on saving my apple for after tea when i normallu crave something sweet!

Thanks in advance for any tips!

Replies

• gambitsgurl
    gambitsgurl Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I don't like breakfast so I have a shake every morning... sometimes I have a shake for lunch also. My trick is to put ice and the slimfast in the blender. It doubles the amount you are drinking (yes - half is water which is better) and also the amount of time you drink it in.
  • Amarillo_NDN
    Amarillo_NDN Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    I have used slimfast for years and even had one this morning. Only thing be aware of, it has way too much sugar in it, so becareful if you have a blood sugar problem.
  • rfehrs
    Options
    Hi there,

I am also doing slimfast as well. I actually follow my first shake with a cup of coffee then began drinking my water. Not sure if that is right but the coffee helps with the hunger.

Good luck!
  • princess_f
    Options
    Thanks for the tips, will defo try the ice!! Im not overly keen on breakfast either, tend to find myself scoffing toast just so i dont get the dreaded tummy rumble at work! The shakes work out much better for me.

Actually i forgot to ask in the original post, has anyone tried the tesco meal replacment shakes? I noticed today you basically get 2 tubs of the powder or double the readymade ones for the same price as one lot of the slimfast.
  • gambitsgurl
    gambitsgurl Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tips, will defo try the ice!! Im not overly keen on breakfast either, tend to find myself scoffing toast just so i dont get the dreaded tummy rumble at work! The shakes work out much better for me.

Actually i forgot to ask in the original post, has anyone tried the tesco meal replacment shakes? I noticed today you basically get 2 tubs of the powder or double the readymade ones for the same price as one lot of the slimfast.

I'm a yank so we have no Tesco ;-)

Good luck with this!!!
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Slim Fast has NO protein in it which is what keeps you full. It is just sugar and carbs so if you want to do the shake thing for convenience, I recommend a chocolate (or whatever) protein powder - it will keep you full longer. I use Body Fortress, its sold at Walmart and is the cheapest protein shake I have ever seen!! ($19 + $1 off coupon on their website)
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    I used to use Slimfast but I switched to whey protein muscle milk. Less sugar and carbs AND calories and keeps me fuller longer. Also great for pre and post workout in the mornings :)
  • chelsealjames
    chelsealjames Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    slim fast has a lot of sugar and sodium in it. i used to drink them for breakfast, and by switching to oatmeal and egg whites, i've ddecreased my sugar (1g in the oatmeal) and sodium at breakfast andd seen a big difference! plus, i'm fuller longer because there is 6g of protein in the oatmeal, and 4g of protein per egg white. i know it takes longer to prepare, but clean eating really makes a difference :)
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    I've had great sucess using slim fast combined with MFP. The first week to 10 days was quite difficult with the hunger but after that I didn't feel hungry at all. I even had to remind myself to eat the snacks.
    I did the slim sat 3 2 1 plan for 4 months and did well on it, but then stopped loosing. I think that the 11-1200 cals just wasnt enough for me, (I'm quite tall with a large frame) So I joined MFP and started eating the 1430 cals a day that it recommended for me which included my 2 shakes and the lbs started coming off again. Now I only have the occasional shake out of convieniece because I missed real food after a while. But its a great plan to kick start weight loss.
    Good luck.