Why am I feeling like this?

Options
I've never been on a diet or fitness regieme. Started on Jan 6th and been doing Insanity. I have had brilliant physical results but I am feeling like hell. I am not happy at work or where I live but I can't unpick why I am feeling so down. Is it because of the diet and Insanity workouts or maybe because of something else? I know this is a dumb question but does anyone else ever feel like this? I am so tired and feel so down. Ive finished Insanity and going ot be less harsh so hoping I will feel better soon.

Replies

• tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    Feeling tired and hungry? Or more than that? As in fatigued, low mood, dark, miserable?

If the former, eat more food and take a break from exercise for a couple of days.

If its the latter I would suggest you may want to visit a doctor.
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Sounds to me like not enough to eat combined with too much exercise. try ding some different exercise - Zumba makes me happy :happy: and you get a lot of calorie credit for your input:flowerforyou:
  • lauly101
    lauly101 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Feeling tired and hungry? Or more than that? As in fatigued, low mood, dark, miserable?

If the former, eat more food and take a break from exercise for a couple of days.

The latter, for sure. OK. Thanks! I think I have been overdoing it with exercise and underdoing it with food too so will have a changearound. Thanks!
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options

The latter, for sure. OK. Thanks! I think I have been overdoing it with exercise and underdoing it with food too so will have a changearound. Thanks!

The previous advice was perhaps a little excessive given your initial description, which sounds like under fuelling.

Your calorie goal may be low. Are you eating the calories to compensate for those you expend? If not then eat to your goal after exercise to adequately fuel yourself. There is nothing wrong with insanity as long as you eat enough for it. No need to drop to a gentler session.
  • CipherZero
    CipherZero Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    Try eating more calories, specifically more fat calories. My experience is a low-fat diet - deliberately or not - is hell on my emotional state.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    It could be a combination of too few calories or you may have a vitamin deficiency. Anyways how many calories are you eating? I sure hopes its around 1800 because that is the minimum requirement for insanity, short of having a medical condition.
  • lauly101
    lauly101 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I've finished the programme, but I think I have not been eating enough. It's been suggest here a few times but I think I can team for myself now. I have eaten all my calls back the last two days and I'm feeling much better now. Also a massive horrible tension at work has been resolved by way of an argument yesterday and I'm feeling much better now. Eat more, get your feelings out and it's OK to argue every now and again. Next challenge! Do it safer next time!
  • caveninit
    caveninit Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Glad you are feeling better