Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

My whey protein is making me fat??

I have lost a lot of weight, but have been on a plateau since Aug. I usually eat paleo, everything clean and non-processed. Four weeks ago I decided to try the Carb Sensitivity way of eating...one of the things I added was whey protein shakes 2-3 time a week. I have noticed that my mood swings are off the chart, I am getting sweats throughout the day and my back and belly fat are back!! WTF?!!

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    plateau is a way of saying you are eating at maintenance...if you are not losing weight you are not eating in a deficet.

It's not what you eat it's how much you eat...

do you count calories? if so how many are you eating a day? do you weigh your food?

As for the protien shakes they have calories...
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    No

A calorie surplus is making you fat

Count your calories
  • 89nunu
    89nunu Posts: 1,082 Member
    No

A calorie surplus is making you fat

Count your calories

Always such a charmer...
    But he is right. Whey is just a supplement and has nothing to do with you gaining fat apart from that it adds calories like any other food.
    The mood swings rather come from the low carb than the protein shakes imo. I tried low carb once and I was well grumpy!
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    What? No. No one food is responsible for making anyone fat except those eaten above maintenance. I've been drinking whey protein and putting it in my pancakes for months now with no ill effects. If you're not feeling well, I'd check your macro/micro balance. See what's missing that could be causing you to feel badly
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    If you eat a tub of whey a day, yes.

Mood swing are not whey related, perhaps TOM?
    Do you track your calories accurately?