Pedometer Recommendations

Options
I am going on a vacation in a few weeks where I will be walking a lot (Disney World in Florida) and I think it would be super fun to wear a pedometer that week and track how many steps I take while I'm there. Does anyone have any good recommendations for a pedometer?

Thanks!

Replies

• AmberBarrios
    AmberBarrios Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I have one that I bought at Target for like $5, works great and tracks steps and miles walked.
  • Beebee78
    Options
    I don't know if many people realise this but if you have a Sony Ericsson W995 it has a pedometer on it :) xxx
  • rosef17
    Options
    I have bought quite a few and returned them, believe it or not the best one I like is an ipod - the pedometer works great and shows calories burned and you can listen to music if you want. I got a used one on ebay for $50 and works just as a good as a new one. I got a holder that clips to the waist.
  • sammoniz
    Options
    I use the Omron HJ 150 - it's about $20.00. It's super simple to use, just wear it and forget about it!
  • debidoodle
    Options
    Awesome, thanks y'all. Never even occurred to me to look for an App. Duh! :)
  • Rworthy
    Rworthy Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I bought two at WalMart - one for me and one for my boyfriend. (For about 8 bucks each). We set them up, used them the first day and everything was fine. The second time we used them mine didn't work at all, so we just used his. (I tried using the pedometer and it wouldn't work for me. I handed the same one to my BF and it worked for him. I thought there was something in my blood that was interfering with the damn thing.) Skip ahead a couple months, neither one would work. Then we moved to Colorado and I just tried it out and it worked fine. Those things have a mind of their own.
  • Amarillo_NDN
    Amarillo_NDN Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    I have a couple I use and they are great. Just one word of warning. After you adjust it to your normal walkign stride, just remember this. never use it as how far you walked, but only as how many steps. Depending on your speed, your stride will vary.
  • bumpthat2000
    Options
    I agree with shanmgr. I have an Omron HJ and love it! They tried to switch it out for our corporate walking program to a some sleek digital design and I hated it! Omron is a good brand.
  • boomsmom
    boomsmom Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I have a great app for my ipod touch. When I ws looking for one there were several to choose from. It's all about preference. Have fun in Disney! We love it there, we try and go almost every year, we were there in May. All the best on your trip!
  • MCDerin
    MCDerin Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    My husband has the same cell phone like was mentioned - it contains a built in pedometer. It's NOT an app. It's a function of the phone.
    Not all phones have the ability to count steps due to lack of the internal mechanism needed to do so.
    SO, check on that before you download an app, otherwise it will be worthless.

You can get a cheapie or a "top of the line", but for purpose like yours, you don't need to spend a ton. Now, if you plan on using it after you return from the Magical Kingdom...LOL Definitely worth it.

Have fun and way to go keeping fitness in mind even on your vacation!
  • alohajillian
    Options
    Does anyone know if there is a way to log steps walked as part of our exercise log? I've thought about just adding it as a notation.
  • amj56
    amj56 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Well I just bought a cheap on at Wal Mart. It calculates miles and steps and calories.