Is 3 days a week at the gym enough to lose weight?

Options
I see people recommend 5-7 days at the gym but with work and college I don't have the time. I can manage to get about 3 days a week exercise at the gym. Will that be enough to see results?

Replies

• rhileyschubbygranny
    rhileyschubbygranny Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I have been doing 30 minutes of exercise DVD's in my home three days a week and am losing over a pound per week.
  • mamabanana
    mamabanana Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I don't have a answer myself but was wondering the same. I can only get 2x at gym plus a dance class. Hard to balance between work and kids
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    the only thing needed for weight loss is to a calorie deficit - eat less than you burn (through living, not including exercise). You don't have to set foot in the gym and you can still lose as long as you're in a calorie deficit.

Deficit is for weight loss.
    Exercise is for fitness.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    the only thing needed for weight loss is to a calorie deficit - eat less than you burn (through living, not including exercise). You don't have to set foot in the gym and you can still lose as long as you're in a calorie deficit.

Deficit is for weight loss.
    Exercise is for fitness.

Truth!

Exercise also helps you make a larger deficit while still eating more and some people find that helpful.

If you don't have time to exercise then just worry about your intake. Set yourself up a plan that will work for you and you can stick to. You are way better off than doing that than trying to chase after someones advice, regardless of how good it is, if you can't stick to it.