weight Loss

Options
Is it possible to loose weight with Minimal exercise....I have a mini gym at home that i try to use 4 times a week i do my upper body and lower body by alternating days! I kinda break a sweat sometimes, but i have no exercise machines. I am getting an exercise bike in the next 2-3 weeks, but all i do now is walk all over the place....I don't take the bus i walk to the subway 15-20 min every day back and forth so a min of 1/2hr walk a day , walk at lunch 1/2hr. plus i run around the office all day....

So in one day i walk a min of 1hr and run around the office, is that enough for now until i get my exercise bike in a couple weeks? Plus a bit of weight training!!!!

Replies

• ChubbieTubbie
    ChubbieTubbie Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Can you maybe also try a DVD or something to help out? If you're doing all of that walking every day, your body is probably used to it and it won't make a huge difference.
  • seasha86
    Options
    Personally, I think that every little bit helps even if its for just 10-15 mins. It all adds up. :smile:
  • lynzyn
    lynzyn Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Body is used to it? I mean burning calories is burning calories right? Or am i wrong? Like for example tonite is upper body weight training! Tomorrow is lower and so forth....
  • buffalogal1979
    buffalogal1979 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Can you maybe also try a DVD or something to help out? If you're doing all of that walking every day, your body is probably used to it and it won't make a huge difference.

Maybe what C is getting at is that when you create your profile you estimate if you are an "active" or "lightly active" or "sedentary" person. If you accounted for all that walking when you created your profile, then MFP estimated that you should eat X number of calories based on your height, weight, activity levels, etc. If you didn't account for all the walking, then it probably will help.
    HTH
  • lynzyn
    Options
    I did do that in creating my profile, the question i have is it enough for now? is it possible to loose weight this way? it isn't goin to be long term just short term until i get my exercise bike in a couple weeks
  • Beebee78
    Options
    I think if it's just short term, at least with the walking you are moving xxx
  • lynzyn
    Options
    I mean along with the weight training it isn't that bad right? I mean at least i am working out...
  • Beebee78
    Options
    Yep - I would say if your plan is to start on the bike, then walking and weight training is a good start chick xxx
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    Some people lose weight without exercising at all!!

Some people dont lose weight and workout every day!!

I'm sure you can hold out for 2 weeks with what you are doing to add some cardio hun.

Eventually, you will work out what works for you :smile:

Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • healthygrl
    healthygrl Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Exercise is certainly important for overall health. But my trainer says that when it comes to weight loss, diet is 75% and exercise is only 25% of the equation. But every little bit certainly helps!