Fitbit one or polar loop?

Options
2»

Replies

• welnabowden
    welnabowden Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Garmin has just introduced the best activity tracker yet - the Garmin Vivofit. It ranks much better than the Fitbit. See the reviews here: http://www.dcrainmaker.com/2014/03/garmin-vivofit-review.html

Can't wait to get mine!
  • asciiqwerty
    asciiqwerty Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    I've been thinking of getting a tracker for a while - but my main activities are swimming and cycling. do any of you have trackers that can reliably record swimming?
  • BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    What about the new Garmin Vivofit? It's waterproof and does all the things the fitbit does
    Currently it doesn't connect with MFP. Hopefully Garmin will get that sorted out. I think I'm going to pick one of these up soon. I had considered the Fitbit Force, but then they took it off the market because of the problems with wrist rash.
  • asciiqwerty
    Options
    What about the new Garmin Vivofit? It's waterproof and does all the things the fitbit does

the spec says water resistant though , not waterproof - so no swimming
  • Jade0529
    Jade0529 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Well according to them it is waterproof. I was considering for swimming but it says the HRM doesn't transmit in water. It's from this:

http://static.garmincdn.com/pumac//vivofit_OM_EN.pdf

Battery type
    Two user-replaceable CR1632 batteries
    Battery life
    Up to one year
    Water rating
    5 ATM*
    Operating temperature range
    From -10º to 60ºC (from 14º to 140ºF)

*The device withstands pressure equivalent to a depth of
    50 meters.

Heart Rate Monitor Specifications
    Battery type
    User-replaceable CR2032, 3 volts
    Battery life
    Approximately 3 years (1 hour per day)
    Water rating
    1 ATM*
    NOTE:
    This product does not transmit heart rate
    data while swimming
  • asciiqwerty
    Options
    Well according to them it is waterproof.

thanks for the link - I looked at http://sites.garmin.com/vivo/ where it just says "water resistant" twice then going back to check after your post i found the small print at hte bottom of hte page saying that water resistant =50m

as this usually meant that it's a pressure resistance rather than actual depth
    which confirms what you found, that it's 5atm, which is better than the usual
  • spfldpam
    spfldpam Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    If you want something waterproof or you can wear for water workouts or swimming, the Polar FT7 is waterproof. You just have to not hit any buttons on it while it is under water though. I have had one since Sept 2013 and use it in the pool all the time with no issues. Works great on land and in water. It does have a chest strap but doesn't bother me at all.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Is the Amiigo even available yet?
    I can see nowhere selling it online.
  • marly1124
    Options
    I've had the same fitbit for about two years. I think it's called 'Ultra'. They don't even sell it anymore, which is too bad. When it goes, I'm going to replace it with a flex, because I've been really satisfied with this product!
  • justme6060
    Options
    Hv a fitbit one which i love. But always scared of losing it, not being waterproof, always patting where i put it, in my bra, strange looks sometimes lol. Just got a polar loop, waterproof, does all i need and also gives the time so i dont have to wear a watch.
  • arainiday1
    arainiday1 Posts: 1,763 Member
    Options
    i have the fitbit flex (got it as a birthday gift from the AWESOME hubby!) and i LOVE LOVE LOVE it. i don't care if it can't hide it lol i want to get the pink band soon cause i still have the original black :)