Your first weeks logging :) Was ist so hard?

Options
Hi! :)
I just started here and am a newbie into tracking calories and macros. I followed the paleo diet and made good "bodybuilding" choices, changed a lot of the types of food I eat but never ever counted calories.

Thats why I am a bit hm too curvy lets say :)

And respectively.... I got really hungry, I mean REALLY with a bit of a restriction.

However, it will be very helpful for me if you guys tell me more about your first struggles fitting into a calorie goal. I find it very inspirational when I read such stories. What was hard? How did you survived it? What did you learn from it? When did you adjust to the less calories?

Replies

• flippy1234
    flippy1234 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    It feels obsessive at times but logging really helps you see what you are eating and that we as Americans really overeat. We eat way more than our bodies need. It is eye opening to see how much you were actually eating.
    I get hungry about an hour before dinner and an hour after dinner. That is the worst time of day for me. I grab a handful of almonds, drink tea...Going to bed early helps too.
  • ninav1980
    ninav1980 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    water water water so you feel full. Also, try to stay busy. I find that when I get lost in my work I am not as hungry. When i sit and focus on it I am starvinnnggg.
  • Tippy05
    Tippy05 Posts: 43
    Options
    I'm having the same/similar issues. I've only been doing this for a few days now, but tried it once before and ended up quitting because it found it too overwhelming. I realize that by taking an honest look at what/how much/when I eat will be the only way for things to change.

I'm finding it hard (only after a couple days) to stick to 1200 calories. I'm hungry a lot and am hoping that after a certain period of time that my body will adjust to this amount of calories and the cravings/excessive hunger will stop.

I'll be keeping an eye on this post for pointers/advice as well!