Why pay for Weight Watchers Online?!

Options
This free site blows Weight Watchers out of the water. I've already lost weight using the tracking, and it's been a week.

I love how:

1.) Literally EVERY brand is on here which makes tracking so easy

2.) It tells you your healthy sugar, sodium levels etc. Amazing feature that weight watchers doesn't offer.

3.) It also tells you if you've had too few calories, and to eat more to avoid going in to starvation mode.

4.) And this is the winner right here *drum roll*
> It shows you how much you'll weight in 5 weeks. This for me is the motivation kicker. I absolutely love it. Smart idea.

'myfitnesspal' you've kicked Weight Watchers butt! I hope you continue to stay free! Thank you, you've helped me feel better about myself and have helped me get back on track.

Good luck to everyone! I hope we are all able to succeed.

xo

One love! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• amy8400
    amy8400 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I've never tried WW online, but this site sure does it for me. I could have never done this alone and with all the tools here, why would anyone pay for any of those meal-planning or weight loss sites? I'm with you...MFP rocks.
  • GingerLolita
    GingerLolita Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    The problem with Weight Watchers is it doesn't teach you how to eat well and maintain your weight after you reach your goal. After WW, I got down to my skinniest ever, but it was unsustainable and I didn't develop better eating habits, so I quickly gained it all back and more. I love MFP's emphasis on maintenance and nutrients.
  • cshulga
    cshulga Posts: 17
    Options
    I agree with you. This is exactly what happened to me after weight watchers. I got down to my slimmest ever, but then it was like "now what?" and after that I gained all of it back and then some. Even thought they do have a maintenance program as well, I still feel like as you said, they don't teach to to eat like a normal human being. Their point system is flawed in that way, and it's realllly expensive.

I also love MFP's emphasis on maint & nutrients as well. I've never even considered my sodium intake or sugar intake... I love this.
  • CoordinatedKate
    CoordinatedKate Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    A coworker of mine and I were going to sign up for WW last week but I was worried I'd just waste the money and not count points or anything. I tend to get really into things and buy a bunch of stuff and then within a week just blow it off and lose interest in it. So I decided that I'd try MFP first and see if I can stick to the program of tracking everything I eat and I was blown away by all of the other stuff that MFP can do that I'm not even interested in WW at this point. This truly is an amazing tool!
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    3FatChicks.com is a forum for anyone (guy or gal) who wants to connect with others who are wanting to lose or gain weight, change body composition, etc. There are separate groups for WW, Ideal Protein, SouthBeach, etc. Very helpful! It is also free and people from all over the world/all walks of life are on it. I suggest taking a peek - you don't have to join to read posts but you do if you wish to comment/connect with others.
  • Bananna411
    Options
    OMG i was just thinking the same thing. I used to have WW online for a year and didnt really use it all that much. such a waste of money. The 5 weeks ive been on MFP I have learned more than I ever did on WW.

SO happy with MFP! PLUS can't beat the free :)
  • midnightjogger
    midnightjogger Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I know I am very thankful I found this website. There is no way in the world I've ever stuck to a diet this long(4 months):smooched: and having the realization that this is healthy eating for life-not just a quick fix.
  • Stephoknee523
    Stephoknee523 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I was just thinking the same thing yesterday! I felt Weight Watchers was more about making sure to stay within my allotted points which caused me to eat foods which were low in points but not necessarily healthy.

MFP is more about starting and maintaining an overall healthy lifestyle. It is already much more helpful to me than WW ever was. It is also much more applicable to my lifestyle.
  • TonyPillz
    TonyPillz Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Weight watchers are pure scumbags of a company. There food is packed with everything but protein , its just pure bull. The main way to stop snacking and to stop eating on a binge is to stack up on protein , non of there products contain nearly enough for a nice balanced lifestyle change.
  • kendall916
    kendall916 Posts: 4,222 Member
    Options
    I agree! Weight Watchers is so expensive! The food is pricey and they expect their members to attend meetings. I've heard of some of my mom's coworkers regaining their weight because they don't stay fully committed to the WW program.

MFP is soo much better! I love this site because the site is free and I like personally logging in and keeping track of the foods I eat.
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    I prefer MFP for the fact that when you stop using this site, you will have gained a lot of knowledge about nutrition by counting calories and macros...unlike WW

I.C.E. Cream Official Tester
    IKEA Professional Put Together-er
    Kickboxing Class Attender
    Been in fitness for about 2 years and have studied kitty-gif-ology, nutrition and Dinosaurs
  • Traciaq
    Traciaq Posts: 29
    Options
    Paid for ww for a year before I found MFP completely agree this is soooooooooooooo much better, also perfect timing for me to dump them when they brought on Jessica simpson she makes me crazy...
  • kendall916
    kendall916 Posts: 4,222 Member
    Options
    Wish there was a like button feature added to the blogs :P
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you're excited by it... just don't get disenchanted if you don't end up weighing "XX lbs in 5 weeks." Weight loss is rarely linear so you may not see that number 5 weeks from now. That's my only advice. Now, carry on!
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    All WW taught me was how to find loopholes to get more points to get more food. I got nowhere. I came here and learned more than I ever did from any magazine, TV show, etc.
  • BigVeggieDream
    BigVeggieDream Posts: 1,101 Member
    Options
    I don't know much about Weight Watchers, but your points about MFP were dead on. I totally agree.
  • minibandit
    Options
    I was seriously disappointed when I signed up to WW. I thought I would give it a go and it sent me right back here and cancelling my payments. It gives you nothing that MFP doesn't and in a far less confusing form.
  • an0nemus
    an0nemus Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    This free site blows Weight Watchers out of the water. I've already lost weight using the tracking, and it's been a week.

I love how:

1.) Literally EVERY brand is on here which makes tracking so easy

2.) It tells you your healthy sugar, sodium levels etc. Amazing feature that weight watchers doesn't offer.

3.) It also tells you if you've had too few calories, and to eat more to avoid going in to starvation mode.

4.) And this is the winner right here *drum roll*
    > It shows you how much you'll weight in 5 weeks. This for me is the motivation kicker. I absolutely love it. Smart idea.

'myfitnesspal' you've kicked Weight Watchers butt! I hope you continue to stay free! Thank you, you've helped me feel better about myself and have helped me get back on track.

Good luck to everyone! I hope we are all able to succeed.

xo

One love! :flowerforyou:

As someone that's used WW online for a few years....I must agree.

Though, if you're paying for WW I would use WW online since it integrates with their program. If you're not doing WW program I don't see the point in it.
  • Soapfan777
    Options
    I think Weight Watchers is a good program but they have raised their prices over time in order to pay the big stars that sponsor them. I am not interested in giving people that are already rich my hard earned money.

MFP is the place for me!