How I look at food anyone struggling please read.

Options
JaysWays
JaysWays Posts: 77 Member
I used to be addicted to food. I wanted to eat all the time. I was eating a lot of junk and bad stuff. Going to dairy queen once a day stuff like that. I was dealing with bad anxiety, ocd thoughts, and I had a flat wart outbreak. It wasn't that bad all over my body. On my hands mostly and thighs. I was embarrassed. I'm going to be a Hair Stylist I thought. People are going to always be looking at my hands. Why is this happening. I went to the doctor, they didn't find any information. They tested one, and just told me its just a normal wart. Nothing they could really do. I thought in my head. What have I been doing wrong. Eating like ****! Also not having that much physical activity in my life. Slowly but surely I started drinking tons more water, making small changes. I would pray that they would go away. A couple weeks they where all gone! I wasn't perfect at my eating. I will still learning and still growing. I started to educate myself on what certain foods do to your body. I was shocked and disgusted that they allow certain foods and chemicals in the U.S. I felt like I was poisoning myself. When I eat good I feel good. If your one of those people that don't care to change your foods. You just eat less amounts to stay under calories. That is fine. We use Google everyday. Try to use Google to see what really is in that food you love so much. Get the facts of whats really in it. In order to live healthy, and eat good. We need to educate ourselves how to do so. If your bored with eating good. You need to spice things up. Be creative in the kitchen. Put different things together. Look online of different recipes. I'm telling you since I eat good now. My anxiety is barley there, no more ocd, and no more skin problems. If you need any tips or advice feel free to message me. Remember we are what we eat. Not just by the outside appearance but the inside too. How we feel mentally plays a lot on our foods we eat.

Replies

• chefbrandon82
    Options
    Great personal story. I am just now starting to clean my diet up and I cant believe how good I feel and how BAD I was eating before. it is so easy to eat bad and not even know it. since starting with this site and app I can really see what foods are bad and what is good. thanks for sharing. :smile:
  • catsandtats
    catsandtats Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Nice reflection! :flowerforyou: A lot of this is why I am not that into the "calorie is a calorie" mindset anymore.