Military (3-Day) Diet

Options
Hi all!
I was wondering if any Type 1 diabetics have tried the military diet? I see that you cant snack in between so if I did decided to do it, what do you all recommend? And are there any similar diets that may be a bit safer? Lol thanks

(Btw, I posted this in a Juvenile Diabetes Group but I figured I could get some extra insight here as well)

Replies

• bjmurphy102
    bjmurphy102 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hello!! I have heard and researched the Military Diet and decided it wasn't for me. However I have since stumbled upon Chris Powell's book "Choose more to loose more-For Life" and it's almost the same principle. I basically eat low carb. low cal days on mon and tuesday, then Wednesday I do a high carb/high cal day, and then repeat the cycle. One of the best things that I have found for this lifestyle is that you are eating every two and a half to three hours. I have been doing this since the end of January and have managed to shed 20 pounds. If you're interested give it a look and see if it's for you! Hope this helped you out some!!
  • ABsolute85
    ABsolute85 Posts: 156
    Options
    What is it?
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    I googled the meal plan for the military diet. http://themilitarydiet.com/military-diet-plan/

It has nothing to do with the military. In fact, I would have passed out in basic training if I only ate that.
  • SmarteeC
    SmarteeC Posts: 12
    Options
    Wow! I am definitely gonna check that out. It sounds and looks much safer, especially since my diabetes requires snacking between meals. Thank you!
  • Miamiuu
    Miamiuu Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    There is a humongous thread on the military diet in one of these forums. Pages and pages long. No one mentioned doing it for diabetes though. you might want to do a search on the forums for it.