Chia seed pudding...

Options
mtngrl3
mtngrl3 Posts: 58 Member
Does anyone have a healthy/low calorie chia seed pudding recipe?? I tried one last night with almond milk, vanilla extract, and chia, let it sit over night in the fridge and it tastes great just super watery. Maybe I did something wrong? Anyways, any ideas are appreciated! :D

Replies

• TheGymGypsy
    TheGymGypsy Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    It takes a few tried to get it just right. Try using a little less almond milk next time.
  • mtngrl3
    mtngrl3 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    It takes a few tried to get it just right. Try using a little less almond milk next time.

Thanks! I'll try again tonight.
  • climbing_trees
    climbing_trees Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I haven't been successful with any less than 2T of chia seeds for 1 cup of liquid.
    If mine are too watery I'll add some shredded coconut to thicken it up~ yum!
  • pgp90xer
    pgp90xer Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I just learned of this from Mike Dolce. He is a trainer for many of the MMA Fighters who has his own workout program and nutritional program. Just search under his name / Chia seed pudding in YouTube. He has a great vid there. I've done it and it is super easy, even my wife makes her own now. It is basically 3 teaspoons of chia seeds and little water let it sit maybe 30 minutes and then I add a little yogurt and fruit! Taste great.
  • acheben
    acheben Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I've been making a chia seed pudding for breakfast lately and it has been delicious.

- 1/3 cup plain greek yogurt
    - 1/3 cup unsweetened chocolate almond milk
    - 2 Tbsp chia seed
    - 2 Tbsp PB2
    - 1 Tbsp honey

Mix all ingredients and let sit overnight.
  • marleyskye05
    Options
    I make chia seed pudding quite often...if you are leaving it overnight to set it should be more then thick enough! I often have to add more liquid if I leave it over night. One or 2 hours in the fridge is good enough for a pretty thick pudding-like consistency! Are you sure you are using the right ratio of seeds to liquid? The proper ratio is 3 tablespoons of chia seeds per 1 cup of liquid.

If you like bananas you will love this recipe... http://ohsheglows.com/2013/02/18/chia-seed-breakfast-bowl/

and chocolate chia pudding is delicious and healthy as well! http://allrecipes.com/recipe/chocolate-chia-seed-pudding/
  • Sunflwer3
    Sunflwer3 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Bumping for recipes :)
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    In for more ideas!

I've made it with pumpkin puree, unsweetened almond milk, splenda, cinnamon and of course chia seeds. Super yummy. I also like chia seeds with unsweetened coconut milk and splenda.
  • Specialkayrina
    Specialkayrina Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Bump.
  • gorguslyjealous
    gorguslyjealous Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I made some that was really good by putting 2/3 cup of chia seeds in a jar with 2 cups of unsweetened vanilla almond milk and 1 tsp of vanilla extract - mix it all up and leave in fridge over night. NOT watery at all :) reminds me a lot like tapioca! You can add all other sorts of flavors in there (cinnamon, nutmeg, fruit, etc.)
  • nisha_mehta
    nisha_mehta Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Check your ratio is right, you want about 1 cup of milk to 3 tablespoons of chia seeds.

It's also a great breakfast if you mix it with oatmeal and protein powder and refrigerate it overnight.
  • thepetiterunner
    thepetiterunner Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Here are a couple that I've made and really enjoyed. For both of these I'd say it's best to make it at least the day before to get the right consistency. Enjoy!

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2012/06/mango-coconut-chia-pudding.html (my all time favorite, I could eat this all summer long by the buckets)

http://ohsheglows.com/2014/04/07/almost-instant-chocolate-chia-pudding/ (also very good)
  • clwgough
    clwgough Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    bump for later...
  • MARTIC0058
    MARTIC0058 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have a healthy/low calorie chia seed pudding recipe?? I tried one last night with almond milk, vanilla extract, and chia, let it sit over night in the fridge and it tastes great just super watery. Maybe I did something wrong? Anyways, any ideas are appreciated! :D

Chia Seed Pudding from the Ultimate Reset menu
    makes 12 servings, about 2tbsp. each
    1/3cup chia seeds
    2 cups coconut water(or distilled water)

Combine Chia seeds and coconut water in large glass baking dish. Mix well to break any clumps. Seal well and refrigerate over night.
  • jonesin_am
    jonesin_am Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Bump...some great ideas here. Thanx
  • DanieRCC
    DanieRCC Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    bump, in for the yumm
  • SueGeer
    SueGeer Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Just made it with unsweetened almond milk & put in fridge at work for brekkie tomorrow.

Trying 30.6g chia seeds plus 400ml unsweetened almond milk.....
    193 cals
    6g carb
    13g fat
    0g sugar
    8g protein
    13g fibre
  • aimeev2
    aimeev2 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Bump.
  • frankyk89
    frankyk89 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    bump
  • saskie78
    saskie78 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I love chia pudding. I was making it pretty consistently for a while with just lots of cinnamon and a little maple syrup. Consistency was perfect! Then, I ran out of chia seeds and grabbed another bag--different brand. And, oddly, those won't thicken up using the same recipe! Will try again adding more, but just thought I'd share that the quantities may differ depending on brand!