New and looking for some answers with results! Smile

Options
Hey..

My name is Loretta and I am 61, post menopause and I can't seem to lose just 30 pounds.
I walked for 3 years then walked and weight trained...I was firming/toning up and a few
pounds came off. I have had some challenges ( lost job, moved, back to school and still
looking for a job!) and it seems I am back at the starting block..........again.

So thats my story. I am here to try to at least gain some a friend, good info and maybe just
maybe lose that 20-30 pounds!

Thanks!

Replies

• BeautyBeast2013
    BeautyBeast2013 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Hi there welcome Loretta
  • ruffnstuff
    ruffnstuff Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    You didn't mention counting calories or logging food during the time when you were walking/weight training. This is why you didn't lose weight - you consumed more than you thought. It's why all of us (to get it down to the very basics) gained weight. Log here, be honest with yourself bout every bite you take, weight all foods that you can and measure liquids, and you should see some success. Exercise to keep up your lean body mass and to feel good and to burn cals so that you might be able to eat a bit more. Good luck.
  • sapicsr
    sapicsr Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard Loretta, I have been on & off MFP for awhile. I have recently started looking at the message boards and making friends on here to help motivate each other. Feel free to send me a friend request, best of look on your journey.
  • Morgaath
    Morgaath Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Hello, and welcome.
    When you say you weight trained, what do you mean?
    Meanwhile, as long as intake calories is lower than the number of calories burned, you will lose weight. Does not matter if that deficit comes from eating less or moving more, or a combo of the two.
    Work on accurately tracking those calories coming in. A scale is better at tracking non-liquids than using measuring cups.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/975025-in-place-of-a-road-map-short-n-sweet

If you have less than 15 lbs to lose 0.5 lbs/week is ideal.
    If you have 15 -25 lbs to lose 0.5 to 1.0 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 25-40 lbs to lose 1 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 40-75 lbs to lose 1.5 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 75+ lbs to lose 2 lbs/week is ideal,

And happy first day of Spring!