Recipes with few ingredients

Options
cnick21
cnick21 Posts: 24 Member
MFP nation: Does anyone have any good chicken/beef/pork recipes that require 4 or 3 ingredients or less that they would like to share? My new grocery tactic is to buy veggies/fruits, eggs and meats only. I am really trying to stay away from processed foods and trying to stick to the "clean" eating. That being said, most of my money is spent by the time I get these items since I buy in bulk. So I am trying to be creative and come up with meals that don't require a lot of ingredients. Any suggestions will be helpful!

Thanks everyone! :)

Replies

• Dumoria
    Dumoria Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Here is something I do when I'm in a hurry: I brown some ground meat in a pan, remove it and sauté two kinds of vegetables in the fat. (If there isn't enough, I add about half a teaspoon of oil per person.) I add a different spice combo everytime to change it up and serve it over rice, pasta, potatoes,... anything, really.

Last night, it was ground pork with button mushrooms and red bell pepper. I added powdered thyme, garlic and cumin with a little Maggi sauce. I sometimes put this on those parbaked mini baguette, top it with a little cheese and put it in the oven when I'm in the mood for super quick pizza.

When I have the time, I sauté cubed meat in a bit of oil with chopped onions, one or two vegetables, a can of tomatoes. I bring this to the boil, then lower the heat and let simmer for at least an hour. Delicious with rice. You can make a big batch and eat it over the week with a different starch. To stretch it, you can add a can of beans, lentils or chickpeas.

Then you have the classic stir fries (with rice and noodles), pasta/noodle soups (all you need is broth, a protein and vegetables),... Poached chicken breasts are a great addition to salads (hot or cold), or soups.

... these are just from the top of my head. I'm currently looking for creative ways to use canned tuna - the salad thing is getting old lol. Maybe pancakes or pasta?