Question of the day...

Options
I'm really not feeling well. Stuffy nose, headache, sore throat, exhaustion, heavy chest, whole nine yards...But I feel guilty not eating my calories and exercising. Yet I'm so weak I don't know how I'll do it...what would you do in this situation?

Replies

• Beebee78
    Options
    Try and get plenty of fluids into you and rest up xxxx

Massive hugs xxx
  • tater8589
    Options
    Lots of fluids, Vit C... and my fav when I feel like you are is hot Dr Pepper with a shot of Jack Daniels or hot tea with jack and honey. Don't workout, you may weaken yourself and become more sick. Try to rest and let your body heal. Hope ya feel better soon :flowerforyou:
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    yeah, lots of hot tea! your body won't want to work out anyways so it'll just be a waste of time...there's no harm in resting your sick body...it's obviously telling you something. don't worry about calories, diets, working out, nothing! just get better
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    When i am sick, you need to rest and let your body recover before even thinking about exercise
  • Topbobdog
    Topbobdog Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Lots of fluids, Vit C... and my fav when I feel like you are is hot Dr Pepper with a shot of Jack Daniels or hot tea with jack and honey. Don't workout, you may weaken yourself and become more sick. Try to rest and let your body heal. Hope ya feel better soon :flowerforyou:

Agreed rest up eat right and avoid the exercise for today get plenty of rest and fluids. The Jack and tea with honey is my go to for getting out of that feeling
  • Brat3073
    Options
    dont worry hun, just get some rest...the workout will be waiting when you are feelling better. As for the feeling crappy, hot tea with honey and lemon is great! and gargle with warm water with a TBS of salt in....rinse and spit, dont swallow....cause then that might make ya puke! but it will help the sore throat. Hope you feel better soon. No go drink some low sodium chicken broth and take a nap!
  • Hb154
    Options
    You rest. Without a healed body, you have no working out. Your body is much like a car. If it's not fueled right, and constantly ran, it's going to clonk out. My advise is let yourself heal! You wont feel guilty if you eat right and drink your water.
    good luck!
  • jojo0909
    jojo0909 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Rest and fluids, like everyone else said. Grandma's chicken soup is not a myth, it really helps! Get well soon!