How do you stay motivated?

Options
13»

Replies

• Jenn037
    Jenn037 Posts: 18
    Options
    I also get unmotivated and totaly know how you feel. I feel off the track last year and now I think if I would have stuck it out how mucg better I would be... I will help you and together we cn motivate each other .. add me as your friend.. :)
  • chaparra71
    chaparra71 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Time will pass, whether I'm losing weight or not. And if I'm not losing weight in that time, I'll most likely be putting it on! I just think about 6 months from now- do I want to weigh less or do I want to wish I'd started 6 months ago.

Exactly! Believe me, if you put it off, you will look back in a month or two, or 6, and say "look where I could be if I had only started then"!!!!
  • starslobber
    starslobber Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    The biggest thing that keeps me motivated is the reality that with each pound I lose the further away I get from having a stroke or heart attack. Also, the amount of energy I have now from exercising everyday makes me feel awesome, its worth the hard work and discipline. Before this year, I would get easily discouraged from having little to no weight loss results, but the truth was I really didn't know what I was doing, I didn't have the right balance of calories or nutrition, and I was doing very little as far as exercise, because I would be fatigued all the time from not eating right. Counting calories is the secret to success, I count EVERY day and it is paying off. I started this year with a better understanding of how to lose weight, without starving myself, by eating mostly whole and filling foods and making sure I have a calorie deficit of 500-700 every day.
    I find that if I exercise at least 15 minutes EVERY day, it becomes habit and I am more likely to feel motivated to exercise every day, when I take a day or two off from exercising it physically and mentally feels too difficult to begin again, not sure why. Also I do exercises that I find enjoyable, which for me does NOT involve gym membership, I feel uncomfortable at those places. I workout to Richard Simmons DVDs, Leslie Sansone DVDs, Zumba, and beginner exercises including light weight lifting/toning with Comcast fitness on Demand, as well as walking the dogs when the weather is good.