Salmon with orange...seriously delicious

Options
Jenky85
Jenky85 Posts: 190 Member
Hello! First time posting a recipe but couldn't not pass on this delicious and nutritious dinner option ;)

I first saw this recipe on Masterchef Australia (I'm English but obsessed with Masterchef Australia) and since then I've made it about 5 times. It's so simple, it contains just 3 ingredients and 1 of those is olive oil! The recipe serves 4

8 oranges
1 bunch broccoli
8 salmon fillets
olive oil
salt and freshly ground black pepper

Juice 6 of the oranges and reduce this down to a syrup...this takes some time, maybe 30-45 mins! So be patient. With the other 2 oranges segment them so you have some nice orange segments without pith or skin.

Grill the broccoli...it goes all crispy and yummy tastes a little like crispy seaweed from the Chinese but without the frying. Fry the salmon fillets skin side down for approx 4 mins then flip for a further 2. If you like your salmon more cooked then do so but really salmon is so delicious when it's still slightly pink in the middle.

Finally serve the fish on top of the broccoli and drizzle over the orange syrup and scatter the segments.

Enjoy! It's truly amazing.

Nutritional info based on my ingredients are: cals 649, carbs 47, fat 30, protein 54

And here is a picture to whet your appetite :)

image_zpscc68ba32.jpg

Replies

• annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Looks delicious! Gonna have to try it, thx!
  • Jenky85
    Jenky85 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Just realised I included the broccoli in the ingredients list but not the nutritional info (or my claim to the meal being 3 ingredients!) the broccoli will add approx 51 cals, 10 carbs, 1 fat and 4 protein dependent on quantity you use (I used 150g per person)
  • TropicalKitty
    TropicalKitty Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    mmm I love salmon and broccolini! I shouldn't be looking at recipes while I'm hungry... Thanks for sharing!
  • Specialkayrina
    Specialkayrina Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Looks delish. Thanks for sharing!
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    Also try, equal parts ( or you can adjust for your own taste) orange marmalade and spicy brown mustard with a bit of fresh oregano.. Really good on Salmon or Pork..
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    yum
  • AmyP619
    AmyP619 Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    Looks amazing!
  • bohlmanwe
    bohlmanwe Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Might have to try this. Looks awesome