Maintenance while Training Help Needed

Options
SuggaD
SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
I have 5 lbs to lose but am starting to think about how to calculate my maintenance calories. I know a lot of it will be trial and error, but any advice much appreciated.

About me:
5'6", 126 lbs, desk job, very active otherwise (always training for some event - currently half-marathon and sprint triathlon)

I try to workout out 2x per day 4-5 days per week and cycling both days on the weekend. A typical week for me in terms of activity includes running 4x per week in the mornings, cycling 27 miles 1x during the week and 125-170 miles on the weekends, weight lifting 2-3x per week for an hour each session, stair-climbing or other cardio 3 evenings per week.

How do I figure out how many calories I need to eat per day to maintain?

Replies

• FFfitgirl
    FFfitgirl Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Id say get a bodymedia, or fitbit etc.
    Or play around and keep adding calories slowly and find your balance
  • jackielou867
    jackielou867 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I let mfp work out for me and seems to be working. I used to log all exercise but now I have a fit bit synced and that works out of I should have extra. I don't log anything for weights.
    Not sure if fit bit works on bikes though. If I use the stepper at the gym I actually put it on my ankle otherwise it doesn't count the steps anywhere near accurate.
    how fast are you losing? I slowed right down for my last couple of pounds then if your activity levels are not changing pre/post weight loss you might try adding maybe 200 calories a day and monitor for 2 or 3 weeks. Adjust as you feel necessary.