Water

Options
Curious about how much water a 110 pound female should be drinking on a daily basis. I run 5 days a week anywhere between 3-8 (currently) miles a day. I drink the bulk of my water between 8-5 at the office along with my two large cups of home brewed coffee. Currently I am drinking about 76 ounces between 8-5 with a couple cups after work, one with dinner and one after running. Urine is still apple juice colored, never clear but I ALWAYS have dry mouth feeling sometimes downright thirsty. I know too much is bad and too little is bad but how do you determine "the right" amount?

Replies

• chasetwins
    chasetwins Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    certain foods can affect the color as well as vitamins. High protein and hormones can have an effect..sadly so can infections. If all you drink is water besides the two coffees - i would see a Dr personally as it does not hurt to discuss it to rule out any issues. I drink a whole lot of coffee but as soon as I hit my water bottle my urine turns clear unless of course I have taken my vitamin within the last few hours or had certain foods like asparagus.
  • Meushichan
    Meushichan Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    If you're still thirsty and have cloudy urine, then you shouldn't be anywhere near the 'drinking enough to be hurtful" amount. Some days when I work out (especially if i lift and then do cardio), I may drink 12 cups. Some days I drink 6 and am totally fine. I would suggest drinking more, but if it's getting into more than a dozen, then as was mentioned, seeing a doctor might be a good idea.
  • juliacatherine1
    juliacatherine1 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Something my brother learned in the army
    "If you pee isn't clear, you aren't drinking enough water"
    anything beyond that, im not sure.
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    Most people need to drink at least 18 gallons an hour.
    Hmmm... I don't know, I don't have the camel gene in me.
    I'd like proof.