Coke Zero?

Options
2»

Replies

• LeashaLeash
    LeashaLeash Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    The concern is that the sweetness of the coke zero will lead you to crave more sweet foods and increase your chance of eating something like a cupcake or whatever. Personally, I drink lots of diet pop and have never had an issue. The amount of aspartame you'd have to have in a day to do damage is very high, you'd have to be drinking it non stop. And there's no evidence right now that sucralose (splenda) has any negative impacts on your health. It has never effected my weight loss. I've tried cutting it out too, and it didn't speed anything up, so now it's back in.
  • Mario_Az
    Mario_Az Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    i like diet hansen's good stuff
  • larajensen1
    Options
    One needs to be aware of the amount of artificial sweetener used in all diet food, as a replacement for the taste of fats and sugar. There are clinical studies and research is available about aspartame's link to depression and mental illness. Speaking from my own personal experience, going from relying on sweetened premade diet foods to home made fresh meals, whilst cutting down the amount of diet sodas I drink, my mood has massively lifted and I feel like a new person. I feel like the large quantities of diet coke, diet pepsi and coke zero had a large affect on my mood. A good mood is so important to success!
  • SLLeask
    SLLeask Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I drink diet soda (7UP, Sprite, Coke Zero, Tab) every day. Sometimes a couple of cans. I've lost 10kgs so far...
  • Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    Diet Mt Dew all day
  • princessblanquisima
    princessblanquisima Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I am addicted to it, i can swear! It won't make you skinnier (but well, if you keep drinking, you will pee it so kind of """water"""), and surely it wont make you fatter, bc it does not have any calorie. It may make you bloated, but i prefer drinking 0 calories than 110, you know?
  • PDarrall
    PDarrall Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Look how much I have lost in 90 days, and the main reason. Switching from Coca-cola to a diet product, and calorie deficit.
  • Chris_Day_ZA
    Options
    The artificial sweeteners they use are toxic. Some are known carcinogens. The formulation differs country to country, so try googling the ingredients.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    The artificial sweeteners they use are toxic. Some are known carcinogens. The formulation differs country to country, so try googling the ingredients.

if you are a rat
  • Naseer787
    Naseer787 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    i aviad the soda
  • fitztm74
    fitztm74 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    What are your favorite sucralose sweetened sodas?
  • krennie8
    krennie8 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    So I'm kind of soda obsessed and when I decided to lose weight I started drinking Coke Zeros. My aunt mentioned that they're bad for you to drink while losing weight because something in it makes you hungry, but I don't feel hungry at all! I eat and I'm good. Are there any other reasons why they're bad to drink when losing weight?

I drink LOTS of coke zero (like 2 bottles a day, abt 24oz). Currently down 12 lbs, & personally I don't think it's hindered my weight loss at all. If anything I think it's helped it b/c it feels like a treat.

I don't like alcohol (except on special occasions) and I don't drink juice, or even milk. But I'm keeping my coffee (w/milk) and coke zero (preferably cherry).

Of course if it's the carbonation you want, you could always try carbonated water. I've been thinking about getting a soda stream to carbonate my own (water, I wouldn't make pop w/it, but that's just my preference).
  • statickey
    statickey Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I freakin love Coke Zero. I drink it occasionally because I know if I keep it at home that's all I'll drink!
  • Naseer787
    Naseer787 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    :drinker:
  • soozey1
    soozey1 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I agree.
  • ErinMcMom
    ErinMcMom Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    If having a Coke Zero each day helps you to get through your day with a smile and stick to your plan so you can meet your goals then I say, go right ahead! I drink a Coke Zero at lunch and one in the evening every day. There are far worse things you can do to your body than drink a Coke Zero!
  • aworkoutroutine
    aworkoutroutine Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I drink unsweetened club soda (without any sugar or artificial sweetners). It's a good substitute for the "carbonation" feeling, and it has no ill side effects.
  • liha0808
    liha0808 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Forget about weight loss for just a few seconds. Don't know if they make you want to eat more, but they make you want to drink more. The artificial sweeteners and chemicals can mess with your hormones and thyroid, and that's just for starters. Some chemicals can cause cancer. Read the ingredients. Off soapbox now. Try tea, if you want sweet add 100% Agave Nectar. Good luck!
  • MrBryGuy
    MrBryGuy Posts: 115
    Options
    I haven't heard that it makes you more hungry, just that it makes you want to have more sweets or fatty foods even if you're not hungry. But I don't experience that when drinking. I would still recommend not drinking it that often or cut it out all together. I used to drink it everyday and then I slowly went down to only drinking it about once a month. Not sure I'll ever quit but once in awhile won't hurt.
  • CardiC333
    CardiC333 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Yeahh I drink it a lot.. But not many that my sodium is is crazy.