When to Exercise

Options
Is it better to exercise before or after supper?

Replies

• ninja250
    Options
    I do it before because my stomach hurts when i exercise with a full stomach of food.

and also ive heard that you burn the calories you just ate faster if you eat right after exercising.
  • Amarillo_NDN
    Amarillo_NDN Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    They say mornings are the best but it up to the indivdual basicly. if you do it after supper, try to wait at least 1 hours. Also, some find it harder to sleep since you got your body in high gear that late in the day.

Bottom line is, do what feels good for you.
  • Amarillo_NDN
    Amarillo_NDN Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    They say mornings are the best but it up to the indivdual basicly. if you do it after supper, try to wait at least 1 hours. Also, some find it harder to sleep since you got your body in high gear that late in the day.

Bottom line is, do what feels good for you.
  • mykaar74
    Options
    I after because sometimes if you are too full you may feel exhausted sooner. however you know yourself best so if you need to eat first try having something light maybe 30 to 40 minutes before you workout. Goodluck
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    studies show that you burn more fat working out on an empty stomach, but if you don't have the energy then eat something first, as long as you are working out, it's a personal preference. I cannot work out in the morning, but I work out before supper. I don't like working out with full belly, but I usually want an apple, or yogurt or something an hour beforehand.
  • debbiepringle
    debbiepringle Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your tips. I would love to do it in morning but during the week I just can't get myself out of bed before 4:30 am. I have to be to work at 6 am. So I will try both before and after supper to see which feels better. Thanks!:happy:
  • ChantelleSlight
    Options
    I find it interesting that there are so many myths as to when is the best time to exercise. I find that I don't have time in the mornings to do it, and I can't do it at night time because I will be up all night long. My man finds that the best time for him is in the morning before he goes to work. The best time for me is when my little one has her afternoon sleep. I don't really think it matters when you do it, as long as you are doing some exercise.

Regards
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    It doesnt matter when you do it, your body burns calories all the same
  • kaylurzz
    kaylurzz Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    For me, I usually exercise before my dinner. Or when ever it fits into my schedule, but usually it's before dinner.