Girl Problem Alert: Period Loss?

Options
I have a history with eating disorder. At my lowest, I was 5'7 and 100 pounds. I am now 106 pounds and maintaining on 1900 calories per day. I gained the few pounds last month, and started maintaining at the beginning of march. However, I haven't had my period for four months and it still hasn't come. What are some problems that could be occuring?

Replies

• supermysza
    supermysza Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    You are still underweight, that is a major cause of period loss. Unless there is a possibility of you being pregnant chances are your doctor would tell you to tackle your weight first.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    You need more fat on your body...literally fat. A womens cycle is define by her BF%...

You are my height and weight 54lbs less than me...

you need to gain more weight and it will come back...
  • beautifulwarrior18
    beautifulwarrior18 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    This is called amenorrhea (or secondary amenorrhea)

Women who are taking birth control pills or who receive hormone shots such as Depo-Provera may not have any monthly bleeding. When they stop taking these hormones, their periods may not return for more than 6 months.

You are more likely to have amenorrhea if you:
    •Are obese
    •Exercise too much and for long periods of time
    •Have very low body fat (less than 15% - 17%)
    •Have severe anxiety or emotional distress
    •Lose a lot of weight suddenly (such as with strict or extreme diets or after gastric bypass surgery)
    (Medline Plus)

Chances are your body fat percentage is way too low. Try gaining some weight (fat not muscle) and see your doctor asap. If it doesn't come back when you gain some weight it might be PCOS
  • 19TaraLynn84
    19TaraLynn84 Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    You still need to gain more weight. I can't explain it any better than the previous posters have.
  • glitterstreet
    Options
    You are underweight.. Please consult a medical expert.