Weight training making me bulky? What else do I do?

Options
13»

Replies

• ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options
    http://i62.tinypic.com/r0vxx2.jpg

That is a photo. To me it looks bulky because I have very slim calves. My calf muscles don't build muscle though, I already train them and my job requires me to work 40 hours a week in heels so they definitely get a workout -_-

Walking in heels isn't a workout that builds muscle in calves

I assume Dave has tried this method? :-)

I'm going to need pics to verify this.
  • tomcornhole
    tomcornhole Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    your legs are beautiful.

Always this. :flowerforyou:

Awesome legs. Be happy.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

That is a photo. To me it looks bulky because I have very slim calves. My calf muscles don't build muscle though, I already train them and my job requires me to work 40 hours a week in heels so they definitely get a workout -_-

Walking in heels isn't a workout that builds muscle in calves

I assume Dave has tried this method? :-)

Is it the first Thursday of the month already? *gets out pumps *
  • Dalker
    Dalker Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I kinda get what OP was saying. I went through a phase where I felt like my thighs were getting bulkier, because they are relatively big in comparison to skinny calves and although I had lost weight on my upper body my thighs remain larger. Add to this some increased muscle definition in the thighs and it gives the illusion that I'm 'bulking up'. However if I look at my thighs now objectively they are most definitely smaller and more toned due to fat loss. There may well have been some initial gain in thigh size due to water retention. I think it's hard for women to lose the lower body fat at the same rate as the upper body and it does stick round the *kitten* and thighs. If the rest of you shrinks, thighs may look proportionally bigger.

I'm guessing the only remedy for this is to continue strength training with a view to lose a little more fat and build more muscle, not less?
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    your legs are fine

would geuss you to be at my BMI around 23/24 %
    mid/high range of healthy

not 18%

Sorry just my big "o"

Quit *****ing and excersize or just learn to love your legs, you wont get butt kissed here, maybe butt hurt but we arent going to tell u the world is rosey and it will be alright.

grow up.

U mad?
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    your legs are beautiful.

Always this. :flowerforyou:

Awesome legs. Be happy.

I think your legs look great!
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    your legs are fine

would geuss you to be at my BMI around 23/24 %
    mid/high range of healthy

not 18%

Sorry just my big "o"

Quit *****ing and excersize or just learn to love your legs, you wont get butt kissed here, maybe butt hurt but we arent going to tell u the world is rosey and it will be alright.

grow up.

You got a big 'o' just typing that? That's magic.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options

looks good!