Motivation to quit eating all everything in sight

Options
I am having a lot of problems with eating EVERYTHING that I come across. I can't stay within my calories no matter what I do. Someone please help me!!

Replies

• platoon
    platoon Posts: 340
    Options
    What kinds of food are you eating? Protein will feel you up, and the fiber of veggies and fruit will keep you full... :-)
  • VCStarr
    VCStarr Posts: 155
    Options
    First off...what was your motivation to join this sight? Is it strong enough to motivate you to eat right? Beyond that lots of water and fiber will fill you up quick. Eat the same foods but made with healthier ingredients...like instead of baking chicken in shake n bake, mash up some low sodium ritz and use that for coating.
  • Monda
    Monda Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Put a piece of peppermint in your mouth or rinse your mouth with mouthwash. That always helps me. :)
  • tiffanygil
    tiffanygil Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    For me when I am way off and eating everything in sight its because I'm tired. Either sleep deprived or tired of life. Try getting more sleep and start working on your stress level, that maybe the key why your here anyway =) Good luck
    Tiff
  • asallen7
    Options
    It might be helpful for you to plan the day's meals the night before. I do that and it has kept me eatingi my calorie range for the most part. Its like balancing a budget. You only have a certain amount to "spend" and going over that amount gets you in "debt".
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,425 Member
    Options
    For me sometimes I eat everything in sight because there is one particular food I am seriously craving (chocolate for instance). What I do then is eat something better for me than the item I am craving but it doesn't hit the spot so I keep on eating stuff. That's why South Beach and Atkins never worked for me. I could eat all the protein in the house, but I wasn't satisfied-but just 2 little chocolate chips and I was happy. Just a thought.

Make certain you are getting what you need nutritionally and if you are, and it's not a specific craving, you just need to chug some water and suck it up!
  • stephlw
    stephlw Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Wow! Thanks everyone for your responses. I know that a lot of it is stress. I am a full time nursing student, a mother of three boys and we are in the middle of buying our first house and move in 22 days! I know that has a lot to do with it.
    I will try to keep a hold of my emotions and only eat what my body needs. I'll also give all these strawberry twizzlers to my sister! :( They are my favorite