Current weight -body fat %

Options
Did I do this right? I took my weight 254 subtracted the 48% body fat that I have. That leaves me at 133.6 with 0% body fat. Add 10% body fat (which is low for a woman) puts me at 147lbs. my goal is 125. So according to the math it would be impossible for me to ever be 125. :/ or did I just botch the calculation?

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    yah...at 147lbs I would be about 20% F...

I believe it's fittofat.com that has a good calculator for figuring out what weight you need to be for a certian BF%...

ETA:Keep in mind tho that as you lose weight you will lose muscle mass as well. To minimize that you need enough protien and a progressive load lifting program...but even then you will lose muscle...along with fat...
  • Pirate_chick
    Pirate_chick Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    thank you!
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    Did I do this right? I took my weight 254 subtracted the 48% body fat that I have. That leaves me at 133.6 with 0% body fat. Add 10% body fat (which is low for a woman) puts me at 147lbs. my goal is 125. So according to the math it would be impossible for me to ever be 125. :/ or did I just botch the calculation?

what? You don't lose body fat just because you lose weight. I am 5'5", weigh 125 pounds and have 21% body fat.
  • tabbyblack13
    tabbyblack13 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I was wondering where you got this formula.

Also, how did you figure out your body fat? Depending on the method you do you might be off a few percentages, so take it with a grain of salt. I have a scale that will calcuate it for me but depending on the fluids in my body and my cycle it will give me differnt number even when I'm not trying to lose weight.
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    You're gonna lose SOME muscle. It just doesn't take as much muscle to walk up the stairs if you weigh 100 lbs less. The goal is to lose as little muscle as possible, while still losing fat and weight overall.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options

what? You don't lose body fat just because you lose weight. I am 5'5", weigh 125 pounds and have 21% body fat.

What??? Yes you lose body fat because you lost weight...
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options

254 * (100 - 48)/(100-20) = 165 lbs at 20% (better for a woman)

The 48% is probably too low. I doubt you have 132 lbs of FFM unless you're very tall and muscular.
  • Pirate_chick
    Options
    I was wondering where you got this formula.

Also, how did you figure out your body fat? Depending on the method you do you might be off a few percentages, so take it with a grain of salt. I have a scale that will calcuate it for me but depending on the fluids in my body and my cycle it will give me differnt number even when I'm not trying to lose weight.

I came up with the formula to see if 125 was actually attainable for someone my size. As last time I lost weight I got down to 150 with body fat of 17%. I wore a size 4 and some 6s that were loose. I should note that I am 5'9". I have a scale that calculates body fat. I do realize that I will lose muscle too but hope to keep that to a minumum with heavy lifting.
  • Pirate_chick
    Options

254 * (100 - 48)/(100-20) = 165 lbs at 20% (better for a woman)

The 48% is probably too low. I doubt you have 132 lbs of FFM unless you're very tall and muscular.

I am 5'9" and God I hate to say it- I have a large frame. Most are shocked when I tell them how much I weigh.
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    I came up with the formula to see if 125 was actually attainable for someone my size... I do realize that I will lose muscle too but hope to keep that to a minumum with heavy lifting.

If you were 125 lbs with 15% BF, then you'd have 106 lbs of lean mass. Does that sound like something you want to do?