Eating under my calories!

Options
So i am allotted 1200 calories a day. I can not seem to eat that many. I have 3 good meals a day and about 1-2 snacks a day and I just dont feel hungry. Last night for dinner I had 3 ounces of chicken breast, 1c of sauteed mushrooms, 3.5 ounces of a baked potato and 1/2c cottage cheese. I couldnt even finish that! I get so full, and I dont want to force my self to finish it. Im not sure what to do because the few days that I have been doing this, I have only eaten between 900-1000 calories a day. Not because Im starving myself, simply because I am not hungry. What do i do?!

Replies

• MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    If you're willing to open your diary, we may be able to give more constructive feedback.

In general though, the advice would be to eat more calorie dense foods if you can't eat a higher volume. That means no "diet" food. Eat full fat dairy, regular bread, add healthy oils to your cooking, etc. Maybe add in some liquid calories like a protein shake/smoothie.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    what are your goals ?
  • sammer825
    sammer825 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    i have opened up my diary for everyone to look at. and my goals are that i would like to lose 20-25 pounds. I just am afraid that if i dont eat enough calories i wont lose any weight.
  • tegalicious
    tegalicious Posts: 629
    Options
    Haven't looked at your diary but are you weighing your food or are you measuring it with measuring cups?
  • jdb3388
    jdb3388 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    How did you end up over weight if you can't even eat the amount of calories allotted to you to lose weight?
  • sammer825
    Options
    i do both, I just got a scale yesterday but i use measuring cups to weigh out my veggies, fruit and snacks
  • sammer825
    Options
    How did you end up over weight if you can't even eat the amount of calories allotted to you to lose weight?

because i was eating a lot of junk food, chips for dinner, (not kidding i ate an entire bag of chips one night:sick: ) late night snacks, doughnuts, fast food, alcohol, everything i could get my hands on. i cut all of that stuff out and i have been eating healthier things and more substantial foods
  • jdb3388
    jdb3388 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    So supplement all of your healthy food with something that is a little higher calorie but still not "junk." Cheese and bread are good options. Avoid sweets and pastas.
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    i have opened up my diary for everyone to look at. and my goals are that i would like to lose 20-25 pounds. I just am afraid that if i dont eat enough calories i wont lose any weight.
    How long have you been eating like this? If you truly have been eating less than 1200 calories for several months, you should be losing rather rapidly (between 1-2 lbs per week). How much weight is your average weekly loss? Are you using a digital food scale and weighing everything?