Lunch Ideas

Options
bmkxox
bmkxox Posts: 27 Member
Hi everybody! I'm pretty decent at picking out what I want for breakfast and dinner...& Lunch on the weekends isn't ever a problem. But when I go home on my lunch break (hour long) I can't ever figure out what to have for lunch. What do you guys have for your lunches? Trying to gain ideas. Thanks ahead of time!

Replies

• juicymisslucy
    juicymisslucy Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I am a fan of ryvita and cheese, laughing cow or goat cheese. Throw in a couple veggies with hummus or a fruit! I also have "leftover salads". What ever protein there is in the fridge (chicken, steak, boiled eggs) plus a few handfuls of mixed greens and you're good to go :)
  • Kanuenue
    Kanuenue Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I'm a student so lunch time has to be portable and not take so much time that I lose sleep. Salads and sandwiches are my go to but it gets boring. I have started make a large pasta salad or quinoa/rice pilaf at the beginning of the week. I vary the veggies depending on what I have or what theme I am going for. Then, I just heat and add some protein when I am ready to serve. Comes out great, the flavors get even better as the week goes on.
  • bmkxox
    bmkxox Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm a student so lunch time has to be portable and not take so much time that I lose sleep. Salads and sandwiches are my go to but it gets boring. I have started make a large pasta salad or quinoa/rice pilaf at the beginning of the week. I vary the veggies depending on what I have or what theme I am going for. Then, I just heat and add some protein when I am ready to serve. Comes out great, the flavors get even better as the week goes on.

yes i usually eat salads or sandwiches as well but youre right it does get boring. i like your idea of making that ahead of time then adding protein. awesome. thanks!