Sweet or Salty?

Options
I have an easy time avoiding sweets. I could make a batch of cupcakes and not eat a single one. But if a bag of chips or pretzels or popcorn is around I start drooling. Anyone else like this? Or are you the opposite?

Replies

• kerryradz
    kerryradz Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I'm the same, I love my crisps (chips) and salty snacks. Although I'm now 33 weeks pregnant and have completely gone off of savory snacks and crave sweet things, strange huh? I wouldn't of looked twice at a piece of chocolate or cake but I really struggle to resist them now :love:
  • jlynnm70
    jlynnm70 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Depends on the time of the month LOL - Sometimes I want sweet - sometimes salt - and sometimes chocolate covered salt!

It's gotten better, and I've found that the best thing to do is just work it in to my day as best I can.
  • EmoJew
    EmoJew Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    the two combined. salted-caramel anything...
  • cchew686
    cchew686 Posts: 108
    Options
    I have a problem with spicy food...can't resist it. Chicken wings are my absolute favorite. I am that person in the Frank's Red Hot commercial, I put that sh&^ on everything.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I have a huge sweet tooth.
  • AmandaLY17
    AmandaLY17 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Sweet tooth is the one I have trouble ignoring. I typically have to throw out bags of chips because they'll go months past their freshness date (yesterday was a good example, had to toss a bag freshness dated Oct 13) and I always find they're stale. But I cant really think of a time that I had to toss out cookies or cake or something. That said, I often will eat a pinch of salt right out of the container. Looooove salt- and totally into the sweet AND salty thing.
  • magica_
    magica_ Posts: 7
    Options
    I too, love the two combined. So good. Salted caramel, or chocolate covered pretzels. :)
    But typically I tend to be more sweets addicted. In the past I've tried losing weight by cutting out all junk food and candy. It backfired horribly. :P
  • juicymisslucy
    juicymisslucy Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I have a problem with spicy food...can't resist it. Chicken wings are my absolute favorite. I am that person in the Frank's Red Hot commercial, I put that sh&^ on everything.

Me too!!!!
  • Soapfan777
    Options
    I have my moods at different times for one, the other, or both. I buy the 100 calorie snacks and eat in moderation.
  • juicymisslucy
    juicymisslucy Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Hubby bought a HUGE and I mean HUGE (1.2kg) of Cadbury Mini Eggs last month, I have had maybe 10. Not a big deal for me. But if was a 1.2kg of Ringolos there would be a major issue. :)
  • Slim_strategy
    Options
    I used to be a die hard savoury girl, however since dieting for over a year my taste has changed pretty dramatically and I absolutely adore anything sweet, mmm doughnuts :3
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    Sweets, please. I don't think I've ever actually bought a bag of chips, for example. If they're sitting in front of me at the Mexican restaurant I'll eat em, though (poor self control).
  • BreatheAshley
    BreatheAshley Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    One of my neighbors is the same way as you. She only likes to eat sweets (chocolate usually) around her time of the month but other than that, she doesn't really eat them.
  • dlionsmane
    dlionsmane Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Both and together is even better! Someone said salted caramel... YES PLEASE!!! :flowerforyou:
  • lemur_lady
    lemur_lady Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    It depends on my mood but usually its something sweet. Ive just had half a tub of ben and jerrys. The choices tonight with the calories I had left were ice cream or tortilla chips with guacamole. The ice cream won tonight. Last night it was the chips.

Love sweet and salty together too. Damn it I just love food!
  • ktkdmommy
    ktkdmommy Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    ditto! im a sucker for salty stuff, sweets on the other hand I can do without!
  • elephant2mouse
    elephant2mouse Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Yogurt or Chocolate covered pretzels...
    :ohwell:
  • Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options
    I have an easy time avoiding sweets. I could make a batch of cupcakes and not eat a single one. But if a bag of chips or pretzels or popcorn is around I start drooling. Anyone else like this? Or are you the opposite?

I was given chocolate for my birthday right before Christmas 2012....it's still in the freezer....lol.
    I also don't care for sweets, but I also don't care for chips or pretzels. I like plain popcorn. What is however my downfall would be anything rich and spicy. I have to be careful with guacamole, home made dips and anything that is smoked fish, like smoked oysters, mussles and similar items. One of my favorite snack foods used to be a plate with 2 cups of white steamed rice and a tin of smoked oysters with the oil and Sri Racha sauce......luckily now a thing of the past.....:o).
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Salty definately - but sometimes both :blushing:
  • LaserOctopus
    LaserOctopus Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    This is so me. I don't really like sweets, I don't like pastries or baked goods, I don't like chocolate, I don't like candy (there are a few exceptions to all of these, and they're mostly peanut-buttery).

But salty-crunchy is my favorite food group. Followed very closely by spicy-cheesy. I put garlic and onions or peppers or green chiles (or all of the above) in half my recipes. I also put too much tomatillo sauce on too many things.

Damn it. Now I'm hungry. Good thing it's lunchtime. :laugh:

ETA: Just saw the post about yogurt-covered pretzels. Ye gods, those are pure evil. Whatever you do, don't decide to see what they taste like dipped in peanut butter. And now that I've drooled all down the front of my shirt, it really is time to go make lunch.