Need help finding the right maintenance calories for me!

Options
Hello. I recently finished loosing 70 pounds and am now ready to increase my calorie amount, but I'm worried about over or under estimating the calories I burn. My bmr is 1432, and the calculator said that for sedentary I should be eating around 1700. Here's the thing, I am extremely inactive, most days I lay in bed all day besides to get up, go to the bathroom, fix food, etc. This is because i do my work online on my laptop. When I was loosing weight I was eating around 1200, and I was loosing a pound and a bit a week, dosent this mean that I'm in atleast a 500 calorie deficit, regardless of my activity level?

I'm super confused and I can't loose anymore weight, anyone got any advice? Would greatly appreciate it.

Replies

• sumthnncredible
    sumthnncredible Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    How long did it take you to lose 70 lbs?
  • czechwolf52
    czechwolf52 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    If you were eating 1200 calories a day and losing at a rate of 1 lb a week, then that means you were eating under your maintenance calories by 500 calories each day. 1200 + 500 = 1700, so 1700 is your maintenance calories with your very inactive lifestyle. If you did other things during the day, such as walking, cutting the grass, or other physically demanding tasks then your maintenance calories would go up.

If you're looking into losing more weight then I would suggest adding some activity into your day. Also, I would weigh your food if you haven't been doing that already. Without your diary being open it's hard to help you. 1200 calories also seems very low for a 18 year old guy, I would suggest upping your calories a bit, 1200 is the minimum for sedentary short older ladies, you can still have more and lose.