Something healthy to go with afternoon Tea?

Options
Spadhnik
Spadhnik Posts: 130 Member
I really like to take tea in the afternoons / early evenings... and also like to eat something with it - this is my evening snack..... I take tea without sugar, little milk... But I used to eat different types of biscuits earlier. Since starting with weight loss regime, I have reduced eating sugary snacks... but still feel to eat breadstick, crackers (but in control)....

What do you eat with your afternoon tea - any heathy options? I am really worried to go back to old ways - and gaining weight again... So please give some healthy ideas.

Replies

• belgerian
    belgerian Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    Ive never had them with Tea but Biscotties are good. Variety of different flavors. Can buy them or make yourself http://www.cookinglight.com/food/recipe-finder/biscotti-recipes-00412000078338/ Healthy recipes
  • Spadhnik
    Options
    Hey, Thanks for the recipe link!!!
  • erindellamore
    erindellamore Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    How about making room in your daily diet to include an appropriate portion of something you like, like a biscuit? Limiting yourself to the serving size and compromising in another treat or indulgence in your day will help you to give you what you want with control, and help make your new lifestyle less cumbersome.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    How about making room in your daily diet to include an appropriate portion of something you like, like a biscuit? Limiting yourself to the serving size and compromising in another treat or indulgence in your day will help you to give you what you want with control, and help make your new lifestyle less cumbersome.
    ^This.

Eat "good" 80% of the time. Fit yummy, portion-controlled treats into your calorie goal. Deprivation can lead to bingeing.

Read this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • wyleigh12u
    Options
    I love love tea. I just stopped using splenda in it. In fact stopped all fake sweetener. So used to have cookies, but no more. Now its a apple sliced up with cinnamon sprinkled on it. Or a pear done up with cinnamon. Love cinnamon tastes great.all guilt free.
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Ameretti cookies only run about 130 cals for 8. They are made of almonds and egg whites so they have some protein to stick with you. Seems a very reasonable switch.
  • Spadhnik
    Options

Yes I do treat myself few times. With tea I would like to introduce some healthy snack (pr nearly healthy) that I can make part of my daily intake on the longer run too..
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    That's when I eat my naturebox or graze box snacks, typically, lol.
  • Spadhnik
    Options
    Ameretti cookies only run about 130 cals for 8. They are made of almonds and egg whites so they have some protein to stick with you. Seems a very reasonable switch.

Good option thanks. I will check it in the shops nearby (I never had them earlier)...
  • Spadhnik
    Options
    I love love tea. I just stopped using splenda in it. In fact stopped all fake sweetener. So used to have cookies, but no more. Now its a apple sliced up with cinnamon sprinkled on it. Or a pear done up with cinnamon. Love cinnamon tastes great.all guilt free.

Cinnamon sprinkles.... Sounds yum.. thanks