Carrots!

Options

Replies

• TLwineguzzler
    TLwineguzzler Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I can't help but giggle at the non-fish eaters :) Not because I'm judging you, but because I love my fish .. especially a nice piece of salmon on the BBQ, yum!!

And does this mean you don't eat canned tuna also? Just curious!

I love fish too most kinds, but tinned tuna? Can't stand it, the smell hits me first and I could just chuck up! :sick:
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    I wish I liked more seafood. I like white fish, tuna and grilled shrimp, but can't stand crab and have never had other shellfish.
  • Cre8veLifeR
    Cre8veLifeR Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    Seafood for me too. I hate it.

And I also hate cheese and most dairy. But I don't care since I have never liked it. ever.

I guess I wish I like yogurt since it has probiotic benefits.
  • GothyFaery
    GothyFaery Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Mine is fish....I hate fish, unless of course it's beer battered and deep fried LOL But, I just really don't like it. I've tried different fish, and different recipes, and I just can't do it. And of course, all the healthiest recipes call for it.

I blame mine on coming from a landlocked province where it's all about the beef....mmmmm......steak.....

I used to feel the same way. I hated any fish that wasn't deep fried but then I discovered wasabi! I cover all the fish I eat in lemon juice (like half a lemon for one fish) and then put wasabi on it. I notice myself using less lemon and less wasabi as I have fish more often. I'm hoping it will become an aquired taste over time and I can enjoy fish in a normal fashion. But for now I rely on lemons and wasabi.

ETA: I love raw fish (sushi) but those same fish just don't hit me right when they are cooked.
  • ksuh999
    ksuh999 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    tomatoes, mushrooms and avocados. I want to love them but they make me wretch. le sigh.
    It took me YEARS to like avocado. I still hate it if it's not ripe (which in a lot of things is almost all the time). And jarred guacamole is probably the worst food item in the world. It is an abomination.
  • Sunbrooke
    Sunbrooke Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Sardines. They are inexpensive and full of healthy oils, butI can't even be in to room with them.

Fish sauce. I used to be able to stomach this stuff until my ex mother in law gave me some with nothing mixed in to put on my rice. I ate it all because she didn't know English and I was afraid to offend her. I love Thai, Cambodian, and Vietnamese foods, but there are so many dishes that I can't stand because of the fish sauce.
  • Monkey_Business
    Monkey_Business Posts: 1,800 Member
    Options
    I can't help but giggle at the non-fish eaters :) Not because I'm judging you, but because I love my fish .. especially a nice piece of salmon on the BBQ, yum!!

And does this mean you don't eat canned tuna also? Just curious!
    Really do not care for fish. Wish I did for health and religous reasons. My wife says I make the best grilled salmon she has ever tasted. I just do not care for the taste.

Kicker is I love to fish......3-4 time a week. Unless the wife has a special request, I just give them a little kiss and let them go (Kiss and release :-).
  • Alsvic
    Alsvic Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I 'm sure there is a food out there I don't like. unfortunately I have not found it yet. That's why I'm here!:laugh:
  • ParkerH47
    ParkerH47 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I personally with try just about anything, and love most food, even veggies. My boyfriend on the other hand absolutely HATES peanut butter, I can't even eat it around him or have an open jar near by because he will gag... its funny how peoples food perceptions can be SO different.
  • ksuh999
    ksuh999 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Sardines. They are inexpensive and full of healthy oils, butI can't even be in to room with them.

Fish sauce. I used to be able to stomach this stuff until my ex mother in law gave me some with nothing mixed in to put on my rice. I ate it all because she didn't know English and I was afraid to offend her. I love Thai, Cambodian, and Vietnamese foods, but there are so many dishes that I can't stand because of the fish sauce.
    Gak, even my fish loving sister and mom can't eat small fish straight of a can.

And fish sauce isn't meant to be eaten straight. Ever. Nice MIL you had there.
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    Yogurt & Cottage cheese.
  • AsaThorsWoman
    Options
    Brussel sprouts. I've tried cooking them several different ways and just can't stand them. Thankfully Hubs has the same opinion so it's no biggee. My brother on the other hand loves them so he has a ball teasing me about them, trying to get me to eat them or let him add them to dishes when he's cooking. Gross!

Same.
  • Krys052490
    Krys052490 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter. I wish I liked it but I just don't. It'd be super helpful on counting calories and with protein.
  • AsaThorsWoman
    Options
    Oranges. It's the texture.

Wow! Never heard this one before :) Do you drink orange juice though?

Oh yes. Even the pulpy kind is fine.

I eat half an orange or something sometimes when it's served to me in breakfast (my bf makes me breakfast on the weekends) but I gag it down.
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    I wish I liked the taste of carrots more. They are easy to find year round and easy to take to work .. My problem is I always want to dip them into dressing!! LoL

What's the food that you wished you liked to eat, but just dont?

I'm picky about carrots as well. The only ones I like eating are the bunched ones. They are sweeter, more tender and not bitter. If you haven't tried them already, it may be worth a try.
    Nothing wrong with dipping your veggies in dressing. Just choose a low calorie one.

I wish I enjoyed squash. It's so readily available in so many varieties in the winter. I've tried quite a few but the only one that tastes okay is spaghetti squash.
  • PrincessEliNa
    PrincessEliNa Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Apples. Pears.
    Hate them.
  • shaynepoole
    shaynepoole Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    mushrooms and hard boiled eggs are my absolute no no's and both are good for you and I want to include them, but just can't....

hard boiled eggs - just the smell gets me alone much less thinking about eating one (but I'm not really a fan of any eggs where the white and yolk are separate - limits my egg choices, I know)

Mushrooms are just slimy fungi
  • andylowry
    andylowry Posts: 89
    Options
    Brains. I'd make a lousy zombie.
  • Chuchiiee
    Chuchiiee Posts: 43
    Options
    Mine is fish....I hate fish, unless of course it's beer battered and deep fried LOL But, I just really don't like it. I've tried different fish, and different recipes, and I just can't do it. And of course, all the healthiest recipes call for it.

I blame mine on coming from a landlocked province where it's all about the beef....mmmmm......steak.....

Yup. Fish is gross. The smell of it cooking is enough to trigger my gag reflexes.

When I did eat fish..the only way I could have it was deep fried with thick crispy batter and a ton of tartar sauce or ketchup. ..even then.. my gag reflexes would barely be under control.
  • TrishaLeighNelson
    TrishaLeighNelson Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I buy organic and always peel them, they taste sooo sweet! And they aren't that much more money for organic.