Have I plateaued or do I need to relax?

Options
Hello all. This is my first post here. I joined the community back in February of last year but stopped using the app.

Since February 2013, I lost 32 pounds. It may not seem like a lot, but I've managed to keep it off. 19 inches overall and 4.25% of body fat lost. I joined Curves in February 2013 and that was and still is my means of exercise. I had great success and continue to go about 4 times a week.

My measurements are due on Monday the 24th of March. Last month I lost 2 lbs and 2.5 inches. The week after my measurements (first week of March) I noticed I was down 2 more lbs. I haven't budged since then. I get on the scale like every other day which I know you shouldn't do, but I am not sure why I am driving myself crazy about it. Almost a month later and nothing really changed. However, 2 lbs a month is sorta normal for me. I guess I am stressing out that I have hit that dreaded "plateau" that people speak of. I'm curious if I should up the cardio now that it is getting nice out - hitting the track again like I did at the end of summer last year and had some good weight loss the month I walked. I guess I get hard on myself because there is a new girl who joined last month and has lost 12 lbs already. It took me a few months to do that.. and she did it in a month. She's also walking everyday. So I'm just curious if I need to shake things up a bit and if anyone else has been here.

I apologize if I am rambling. I eat the same thing everyday, with a variation here and there, and have been doing so for the past year with obviously good results.

I've gotten lots of different feedback (change my food, up my calories, cut my calories) but some days I don't even reach my calorie intake so I am leary about dropping down my calories. I'm thinking up the cardio? Also, Jillian Michaels has now joined Curves and has added in strength and cardio moves to the workout. It kicks my butt and I sweat like a pig. I love it. Muscle and fat weigh the same but also wondering if I am gaining good muscle from these moves hence the stalled scale. LIke I said, my monthly measures are on Monday so I will know if I lost inches and body fat, etc.

Thanks for reading.

Take care.
Jamie

Replies

• madhatter2013
    madhatter2013 Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    Changing your workout like you have will mean that your body has to adjust. You are probably retaining water so that your body can heal. Also, a couple weeks really isn't a plateau. Give it a couple more weeks for your body to adjust to the new changes and if you still haven't budged the scale, then rethink what or how your eating.