Why ius MFP Telling Me to Increase Calories?

Options
I've been working the program faithfully for a little over 3 weeks and dropped 19 lbs so far. When I initially restarted my profile, I entered weight as 335, Height 6', 1", 55 years old, Male, Lightly Active, 2 lbs per week.

I didn't drop any weight this week, not really a big deal but perhaps my profile needs some fine tuning. So; I open goals and reset them while being a little more honest with myself. My current numbers are: Weight 316, Height 6' 0", 55, Male, Sedentary, 2 lbs per week.

As you can see I adjusted Height, weight and activity. I adjusted my activity from lightly active to sedentary, because I work at a desk all day and the only exercise I can do for now is walking. I do walk almost every day for at least 30 minutes. It's not much but something is better than nothing.

Here is the strange part: My calories per day increased from 1640 to 1880! So, why do I get to enjoy an additional 240 calories per day? Has anyone else experienced this?

I'm not going neurotic over this, and I had a major breakthrough on the right way to relate to the scale. However, your comments are appreciated.

Replies

• 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    That does not make much sense, the only thing I can think is are you sure you put in the right settings? Its about a 240 calorie difference which would probably be a variation in the activity level. Sorry I can't be more helpful than that.