Bulking booty

Options
13»

Replies

• Sharkington
    Sharkington Posts: 485
    Options
    Your booty looks great for 3.5 months! You're definitely doing something right. Sorry this is not much help, but I just wanted to say that I was impressed. :flowerforyou:
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Will_Thrust_For_Candy Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options
    First off, wicked awesome results!

If it's a killer booty (and overall body) you're after, I will also highly highly recommend Bret Contreras and the Strong Curves programming. I have seen crazy results since I started following his program. It basically incorporates everything that you have seen everyone here suggest. It's totally worth the $30 for the book; I have yet to come across a person that has tried it that does not like it! Also, the hip thrust is hands down my favorite lift (hence my name :drinker: )
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    People always mention 80% of 1RM for hypertrophy. But that can take a lot out of ya...it's hard to keep progressive overload going like that. I say stick with strength or hypertrophy...or cycle between the two every few months. If you try to make a hypertrophy workout into a strength one or vice-versa you can do yourself in and burn out, speaking from experience. Can't do it all at the same time! But progressive overload trumps everything else, imho.
    Eighty-percent of a 1 rep max is an 8 rep set; Seventy-five percent is a 10 rep set. With that said, the authors found that significant increases in daily CSA can be observed from anything greater than 60% of 1 rep max. So there is an awful lot of flexibility there. This is true for the other variables as well ( training frequency and volume pertaining to sets). The table in Chapter 4 provides several proposed guidelines according to training experience based on the studies reviewed.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I know but it's at least volume >.< Strength training has a different physiological effect and promotes different muscle fibers geared towards it. I think the principle behind volume is absolute fatigue.

But I hear ya. Apparently this guy named CT Fletcher trained arms every single day until they were like 22 inches or something hahaha. Who knows.

(Edit: He was also a world class powerlifter, total strength dude and a bit cray)

indeed.

indeed- they say on the program 6 weeks- but if you chose to go further you can- but most people need to switch to a more strength ( easy example 5 x 5) based program - primed for that.

Either way 20 sucks. lol and not sustainable for every with systematic increases.
    212019156 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Keep doing what you are doing. It appears to be working.
  • wargrrl
    wargrrl Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    thanks for the tips everyone! bret contreas seems to be a popular guy lol will definitely read into more of his stuff.
  • Fithealthyforlife
    Fithealthyforlife Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    thanks for the tips everyone! bret contreas seems to be a popular guy lol will definitely read into more of his stuff.

Yes. He's good. But not only that...he's very professional/polite. You can't say the same about some other people in the industry.
  • Fithealthyforlife
    Fithealthyforlife Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    People always mention 80% of 1RM for hypertrophy. But that can take a lot out of ya...it's hard to keep progressive overload going like that. I say stick with strength or hypertrophy...or cycle between the two every few months. If you try to make a hypertrophy workout into a strength one or vice-versa you can do yourself in and burn out, speaking from experience. Can't do it all at the same time! But progressive overload trumps everything else, imho.
    Eighty-percent of a 1 rep max is an 8 rep set; Seventy-five percent is a 10 rep set. With that said, the authors found that significant increases in daily CSA can be observed from anything greater than 60% of 1 rep max. So there is an awful lot of flexibility there. This is true for the other variables as well ( training frequency and volume pertaining to sets). The table in Chapter 4 provides several proposed guidelines according to training experience based on the studies reviewed.

Awesome! I prefer around the 60% range myself for hypertrophy. That said, I'm doing a strength program right now.
  • Lina_Loo_15
    Options
    You look fantastic! Great job! :)