anyone lose weight with ZUMBA!?

Options

Replies

• Shaselai
    Shaselai Posts: 151
    Options
    just did an hour of zumba/sansazao today and according to heart rate monitor i burned a gross of 1045 calories or 940 or so net. apparently net is the one to look at since gross includes the "staying alive" calories your body expends during the workout. It is pretty good workout with average 153BPM which is 82% of my max HR....
  • ColetteDuchnowski
    Options
    i love Zumba too. I used to go to classes 3 times a week a couple of years ago but had to stop because I could no longer afford the monthly gym fee. I got the DVD's with the Zumba sticks. I think I have the Exhilarate set. I haven't done them in a long time and need to get back on the horse. I am tempted to bring them to work with me since I work the midnight shift at an AFC home and have the opportunity after my regular work is done. Trying to get my coworker to join me may be a challenge..lol.
  • ColetteDuchnowski
    Options
    Wow...awesome results...I love Zumba..its dance!!!
  • tatecass
    tatecass Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I love Zumba! I started doing the DVDs in mid January, and in February I joined the gym to do the classes there (with an occasional Body Combat or Body Pump class here and there). I started at over 300 lbs and am now down to about 281. I work hard in Zumba, so it works. :)

may2014_zps848d62ca.jpg

You look amazing! What a difference that 15 pounds made! Congrats:)
  • Angebee
    Angebee Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have been doing Zumba/Dance Fitness videos through YouTube. I pull the app up on the Xbox. That way I can do different songs by different instructors. Don't want to join a gym and this way I can do it in my own home.

I have a hard time doing cardio on a machine. And I'm not a runner. I love to dance! So I figure....put them together. I've definitely lost inches and am feeling great. (I'm avoiding the scale LOL )
  • natombi
    natombi Posts: 1
    Options
    I have! I've lost 98 pounds to date!
  • PinkyFett
    PinkyFett Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    Are there any FREE Zumba videos online anywhere or something? I really want to do it, but I am a broke momma of 3 and can't afford the air I breathe lol
  • c2sky
    c2sky Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    congratulations! I have taught fitness for years, and I LOVE Zumba more than anything else I have taught. it is more fun with others, if it's taught right. Feel free to take my class for free if you ever come to northwest Washington for vacation. I just think that's awesome, and I would love to welcome you to my class! I know it's a long shot, but the invitation is there. Again, congrats, and thanks for sharing!
  • MzFyreKitty
    MzFyreKitty Posts: 93
    Options
    A lot of my friends in support group (weight loss support group like OA but not that) have lost a lot going to classes and I have used it too.I have lost over 120 lbs but dieting is the biggest part.
  • Sparlingo
    Sparlingo Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    A combination of weight lifting, running and Zumba helped me lose 57 lbs before I got pregnant with my son
    (I don't have photos from my lowest weight). He's one month old now, so I'm back to losing (doing weight, measurements and pictures on June 1st as my new "before"). I plan on doing it the same way this time :smile:.

Zumba is such a vigorous workout! I love it!! A good instructor makes ALL the difference.

8808263d-d11b-4760-b41d-391f4880a740_zps44b40473.jpg
    da00fe9b-bdc1-496d-ac41-6a100da02550_zps606908ec.jpg
  • smokinhotmomma82
    smokinhotmomma82 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have! I honestly think I've lost inches from Zumba & pounds from watching what I eat. In the past year I have lost over 6" total. As a 5'5", 32 year old woman, I started out at 185 & now at 159. I really believe it helps chisel an hour glass figure.
    It not only changes my body, but my mood too! I can go from having a conitption fit about something to being over it in 1 session. I do it on the Wii also. I like having my own personal space. I love how it attempts to calculate calories burned too!
  • lmrob130
    lmrob130 Posts: 3
    Options
    I love Zumba. I used to d it every day for an hour and aw results as well. I started alternating workouts, but I've been trying to get some friends together to do it at my house b/c I bought the 8 cd set...that's how much I love it. And it's fun. Probably will go back to doing Zumba every day.

Congrats on your weight loss!
  • perseverance14
    perseverance14 Posts: 1,364 Member
    Options
    I think it is fun to do, but I would not do it instead of lifting weights, only on the off days..my goal is to get toned, not just get fat off.
  • jonilynn70
    jonilynn70 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Are you taking classes or doing it at home? If at home, what program are you using please & thanks???

i have been doing it for an hour everyday the past 2 weeks and lost 14 pounds! :D i have 21 more to go!
    Has anyone had success with zumba as there workout!?
    id LOVE to see some before and after pics :) include the dates please! or time frame!
  • jonilynn70
    jonilynn70 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    HOW DID YOU DO THIS WITHOUT HAVING ANY EXCESS SKIN HANGING AROUND OR STRETCH MARKS?!!! YOU LOOK FABULOUS!!!!!!!

A combination of weight lifting, running and Zumba helped me lose 57 lbs before I got pregnant with my son
    (I don't have photos from my lowest weight). He's one month old now, so I'm back to losing (doing weight, measurements and pictures on June 1st as my new "before"). I plan on doing it the same way this time :smile:.

Zumba is such a vigorous workout! I love it!! A good instructor makes ALL the difference.

• Shaselai
    Shaselai Posts: 151
    Options
    Are you taking classes or doing it at home? If at home, what program are you using please & thanks???

i have been doing it for an hour everyday the past 2 weeks and lost 14 pounds! :D i have 21 more to go!
    Has anyone had success with zumba as there workout!?
    id LOVE to see some before and after pics :) include the dates please! or time frame!

I also lost a lot of weight from zumba and eating less. I think live instructor is best because it is really motivating and you can't "slack off" because everyone else are working. Plus the choreography is more fun and a lot more variation than the zumba videos. Always pick the tough instructors so the songs are intense enough for you to lose more weight. The slow stuff dont make much of a dent on weight loss.
  • fit_war
    fit_war Posts: 985 Member
    Options

just wow!!! awesome work! and yes Zumba is a great workout!
  • bluebonbon
    Options
    Yes, I have been doing Zumba off and on for a couple of years. Last year I did less Zumba and worked with a personal trainer. Now I am back to Zumba because it is fun, it makes me sweat and yes, I do seem to lose more weight with Zumba. I like Zumba because it is FUN, not boring and a lots of different music. Where I live in Los Angeles, there are Zumba places every couple of blocks so lots of days or times to chose from to get my work out in.
  • Veil5577
    Veil5577 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    How difficult is Zumba DVD? Is it hard on the joints, like a lot of jumping around?
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Zumba is how I lost a good deal of my weight. I was only overeating by a little so the extra calories burned through Zumba was all I needed to shed weight. And it was fun enough to really make me want to exercise again.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!