Too much?

Options
I currently go to the gym 2x/week where I work with a trainer (focusing primarily on lifting) and do one workout (cardio/bodyweight exercises) on my own at home another day. I also go to 2 pilates type classes a week. I would really love to try the C25K program because as much as I generally despise cardio, I have always wanted to be able to run. If I were to do all three each week, my schedule would look something like this:

Monday - gym
Tuesday - C25K
Wednesday - gym
Thursday - C25K
Friday - pilates
Saturday - C25K/home workout
Sunday - pilates

Does this seem like a reasonable schedule? I don't want to overwork myself but I also need to get out of this rut and break my plateau so I feel like adding more cardio in might help and now that the weather is getting nicer, I would be able to start running outside, making it easier than having to go to the gym 3 more times each week. Thoughts?

Replies

• Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    Everyone's abilities are different. Some can do that, some can't. Only way to find out is to try it. Just watch for symptoms of overtraining (low energy, reduced performance, injuries).
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    Monday - gym
    Tuesday - C25K
    Wednesday - gym
    Thursday - C25K
    Friday - pilates
    Saturday - C25K/home workout
    Sunday - pilates

Your pilates is probably closest to active recovery, but you could probably afford to sack the home workout in there if you're finding it a bit much.

As far as C25K is concerned, it's a progressive programme so if you're doing less than 3*pw you'll not make the capacity development as easily. That said it needn't take nine weeks.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Even He rested one day per week
  • kriskris92
    kriskris92 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies! I guess I'll just give it a shot for a couple weeks, see how I'm feeling and re-evaluate if needed. :)