In love with Smoothies!

Options
I really do enjoy having Smoothies in the Morning! I usually stick to the basics: blueberries, strawberries, 1/2 banana, half a scoop of protein powder, 2 ice cubes and usually milk, sometimes I'll change it up and add juice. What do you guys like to have in your smoothies?? What type of greens do you use. I want to incorporate some and I would love to here some variations :)

Replies

• Soapfan777
    Options
    I haven't had a smoothie in years because my favorite is the 470 calories Strawberry Coolatta from Dunkin Donuts. Need I say more? LOL! I have one about once a year.

I am going to switch to the healthier fruit and protein smoothie over the next few weeks because my son brought a NutriBullet.
  • cardinalsfootball
    cardinalsfootball Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    If you are first incorporating greens, I recommend you stick with baby spinach. It will absolutely taste the best of any greens out there, and is loaded with nutrients. Second choice would be parsley and mint. Kale sounds great, is great for you nutritionally, but it's strong taste can turn anyone off green smoothies. I've been drinking green smoothies daily for nearly 3 years.
  • monstergirl14
    monstergirl14 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Your smoothie sounds delicious! I normally add hemp hearts and spinach to mine. Half the smoothie is spinach, then I use strawberries, blueberries, and maybe agave as sweetners. :) Water and ice cubes as a base, unless I can afford the calories or almond milk. :)
  • MonicaA2013
    MonicaA2013 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    I just started the smoothy thing a couple weeks ago, and i would say so far i prefer the baby spinach. Low cal and FULL of all the good stuff you want and need. It doesn't over power the yummy fruit that you use either. :drinker:
  • sugarmagnolia55
    sugarmagnolia55 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I drink them a few times a week! I usually pick one or two from each category:

-Veggies: spinach, kale, arugula, pumpkin puree
    -Frozen fruit: berries, banana, pineapple
    -Protein: Whey protein powder, nuts, nut butter, beans
    -Extras: cocoa powder, honey, stevia, cinnamon, turmeric, allspice, ginger, chia seeds, flax seeds
    -Liquid: Almond milk, coconut water, cold green tea, water
  • STEELMAN47
    Options
    1/2 frozen banana
    1/3 cup frozen blueberries
    10 frozen dark choc chips
    few raw spinach leaves
    1/2 cup water more if you like runny , less if you like thick
    1 scoop double choc whey protein

240 calories
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I love smoothies. We mostly drink fruit smoothies (mixed fruit from Sam's club, sometimes mixed w/ fresh fruit, unsweetened almond milk or plain Greek yogurt). I've started drinking green smoothies and make them just like the fruit ones but add spinach and/or kale.

This morning's smoothie was pumpkin pie -- frozen canned pumpkin, pumpkin pie spices (cinnamon, vanilla extract, nutmeg, cloves, and a few other things), unsweetened almond milk, maple syrup, frozen banana. Yummy!