Office Weight Loss Challenge- Help me win $1000!

Options
Hi All! My office is starting a weight loss competition on April 1. There are 11 of us in the office, and I am one of 2 women in the entire operation. Needless to say, the odds of winning this competition against a lot of guys (many of whom have a LOT to lose) is slim [no pun intended]. The prize, sponsored by our owners, is $1000!! noway

Obviously I would LOVE to win this, and I have been really trying to shed the pounds even before this competition came about. We are calculating on BMI % loss, so that those that don't have as much to loose still have a fighting chance. I could stand to lose about 50 pounds, so it's not like I am on the last 10 and need help, but I don't know if I can do enough to pull out a win.

I need your help... your support... your "tips and tricks". I have PCOS, and that always proves really difficult for me to lose weight regardless. If you were doing this competition, what would you to do really amp it up? Any and all advice is WELCOMED!

Thanks!

Replies

• jdb3388
    jdb3388 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Hi All! My office is starting a weight loss competition on April 1. There are 11 of us in the office, and I am one of 2 women in the entire operation. Needless to say, the odds of winning this competition against a lot of guys (many of whom have a LOT to lose) is slim [no pun intended]. The prize, sponsored by our owners, is $1000!! noway

Obviously I would LOVE to win this, and I have been really trying to shed the pounds even before this competition came about. We are calculating on BMI % loss, so that those that don't have as much to loose still have a fighting chance. I could stand to lose about 50 pounds, so it's not like I am on the last 10 and need help, but I don't know if I can do enough to pull out a win.

I need your help... your support... your "tips and tricks". I have PCOS, and that always proves really difficult for me to lose weight regardless. If you were doing this competition, what would you to do really amp it up? Any and all advice is WELCOMED!

Thanks!

First thing you need to do is get that PCOS garbage out of your mind. People with PCOS have trouble losing weight because they think PCOS makes them have trouble losing weight. Eat healthy, count your calories, do cardio 5 to 6 days a week, dont cheat at any point during the contest and get back with me 1 week before the final weigh in. If you do those things, you will win.
  • Nice2BFitAgain
    Nice2BFitAgain Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    bulk up before weigh in?? LOL jk

Exercise and keep the calories down... that's really all you can do
  • techgal128
    techgal128 Posts: 719 Member
    Options

Thanks!

First thing you need to do is get that PCOS garbage out of your mind. People with PCOS have trouble losing weight because they think PCOS makes them have trouble losing weight. Eat healthy, count your calories, do cardio 5 to 6 days a week, dont cheat at any point during the contest and get back with me 1 week before the final weigh in. If you do those things, you will win.

As a woman with PCOS, stfu. PCOS causes an insulin resistance which makes it a lot harder to lose weight. Despite the fact I have been restricting my calories and have worked out over an hour a day five days a week, it's taken me 8 months to lose 20 pounds. I'm not alone here.

Here is some REAL advice. Cut the carbs but only the bad ones. Since I've been doing that, I've been losing weight at a good pace. Make sure to eat whole grains and lots of fruits and veggies.
  • JoLMahan
    JoLMahan Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Thank you TechGal! It's not an excuse... it's a legitimate issue. I mean, would people with diabetes be picked on? It's bascially the same thing!

Thanks for the advice about the carbs. I have found that cutting out dairy helps too, though I am not sure how that is connected.