I'm so hungry! So I went and ate...

Options
...some almonds!!!!

I just finished a 200-cal burn workout and had to feed my son. As I chopped up some bbq chicken strips (skinless and boneless) and some oranges, I snuck a few bites. But then I just wanted to smash the whole thing!!

Then I fed him some organic yogurt. I had to clean off the spoon when he was done so I licked it off. I wanted to smash that one as well! ("smash": eat with a passion!)

I couldn't stand it!! I knew my daily goal and wanted to stay focused so before I opened a bag of potato crisps, I snatched a premeasured bag of 1 oz. of almonds. The minute I ate five, I felt SOOO much better! Weird, huh?!

I then got a 4 oz. container of pro-biotic yogurt (130 cals) and feel just amazing and so empowered.

Next time you want to eat a whole bowl of ice cream after all the hard work you've done, eat a handful (and only a handful at a time! That's about 1 oz. and is worth 160 or 170 cals.) and you'll feel so much better!

Thank you for calming the hungry monster inside dear almonds!

Replies

• Soapfan777
    Options
    First off, if that is your son, he is a cutie. LOL!

Secondly, good for you to resist temptation. I keep a jar of the Trail Mix (Nuts and Dried Fruit Blend) in my desk at work and at home. I read an article this morning that recommended keeping health snacks like nuts in every place your life takes you, even in your vechicle to combat those craving for the unhealthy ones.
  • newteachermom
    newteachermom Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Ha ha, thanks!! Yours is such a heart-breaker!! I like to think I'm the first lady my son loved :)

Right, I'm so glad I had the ounce premeasured in a bag 'cause it made it so easy! Not sure I would have made it if I had to go into the large bag and eat only one serving, lol.