Exercise Routine Help! Advice Needed

Options
Advice needed & greatly appreciated.

I am just returning to the gym after completing the first round of the 30 day shred. I am currently 5'5" and 137.5 pounds of evenly distributed weight. My overall goal is to tone my muscles, lose fat & post-baby jiggle. I have already done the personal trainer route when I was younger and have retained most of the information in regards to proper form & exercise recognition, etc.

My question is- what's my best plan of action? HIIT, tabata, straight up weight training? I have been doing total body training 3x a week (compound exercises with 5-7 lb weights) with a cardio warm-up and cardio afterwards and doing 1 hour of cardio on 3 other days. I really don't know what the best types of workout routines/styles will help me get my body to where I want it to be the fastest. I get easily discouraged when I feel like I am giving 110% to my workouts and not seeing any results.

Willing to work for it, I just am totally confused on how to go about creating a routine that will work!

Also, I am following a relatively clean eating plan as I know that 60% of this process is food ;)!

Thanks in advance :)

Replies

• cpusmc
    cpusmc Posts: 122
    Options
    maybe try 4 days of weight training, 2 upper body days, 2 lower body days with HIIT at the end of the workouts... you can keep your compound exercises, work on upping the weight you use and then using sprint sessions on treadmill, outside or on bike for the hiit part, 20 min max. you will have to give any workout you choose a couple of months to see results, for me its normally 90 days for solid results when i start working on leaning down...