Motivated Working Mom of 2 looking for Friends and Support

Options
New to the site after hearing about it from a friend!
Looking to meet others who may struggle with the same battle I do...losing weight and doing it without damaging my body or metabolism in any way!

A little about me...I have two boys who I adore! An amazing husband who means the world to me! I work full time and go to school full-time and have recently found the motivation to get in shape and hope to do so by the time that I gradutate with my Masters in Business next summer!

Looking for those who share common lifestyles and have motivation so that we can keep each other motivated along this journey!

Replies

• uspelomibo
    uspelomibo Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Count me in... :-)
    Almost the same story. Mother of 2 boys, the younger 1,5 years old. Full time job and diploma to finish (I dont find time to do that...)
    My goal is to lose 10 kg for start...(and another 10 to be in perfect shape).
    I will try with this site, to check my calorie intake, I won't change my diet in general, just try to keep my calorie intake low. And exercise as much as possible. I hope to stay motivated for more than 3 weeks (as I usually do)...
  • ALM8787
    ALM8787 Posts: 3
    Options
    I'm in a very similar situation. I'm a mother of 1 girl, 18 months. I'm a full-time RN and a full-time student working on my MSN in Nursing Education. I have just recently started my journey to getting healthy. My goal is to lose weight in a healthy way and make an overall lifestyle change to improve my health. I could use a lot of motivation also.
  • riya4102
    riya4102 Posts: 1
    Options
    Count me in. I am a mother of 2 kids . Work full time and am on a mission to motivate myself to get healthy physically and mentally.
  • workingmomandstudent
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!

I think that finding people who share the same day-to-day struggles as each other is important and I know that when I see someone struggling (or read a post of them having a hard time) It not only helps to reach out and motivate them, but at the same time I am motivating myself and helping to keep on that path that will lead me to my goal!:smile:
  • uspelomibo
    uspelomibo Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Girls, how are you doing?
    It is 7th day of my new healthy life :-) I am proud of myself, not because I did some kind of exercise every day, and not because I watch what and how much I ate, but because I had 1 "crisis" day and I turned it into a good day. In my old me, I would give up, because of 2 peaces of cake that I ate that day and continue with unhealthy diet from there on - just because I did "a mistake".
    That day I did another training and immediately felt better and decided that "THIS IS NOT A DAY TO QUIT".

I hope we all will have energy to survive that "crisis days", which will definitely come...
  • elizabethannemoir
    Options
    I am also a mother of two, and work part time and I am getting my masters degree in Environmental Policy and Management! I have been using my fitness pal since last August and have lost 25lbs doing so! I have been taking the weight off slowing because I feel that is the healthiest way to do so. Good luck to you!
  • ironrat79
    ironrat79 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, everyone is welcome and I log daily
  • MrsPong
    MrsPong Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Hello. Mommy of 1. Wife to a active duty Marine. Work full time. Finished my college degrees, maybe more. Always fighting my fitness goals. add me if you life.
  • mom2tripsn2
    mom2tripsn2 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Same boat here! I have 5 kids (ages 8, 10 and 12yr old triplets), work full-time in Accounting and go to school part time online working on my Masters degree. I spend sooooo much time sitting in front of a computer it is really hard to lose weight, but I have to make an effort. I am 33 years old and have gained 40 pounds in the last three years and I want it GONE.

If anyone wants to add me, please go ahead. The more people I have to support and who support me the better chance there is that I will keep logging on.

Thanks!!
  • newtothishelp
    newtothishelp Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hi all, feel free to add me too. I kinda signed up last May, but my 7lb weight loss has all been in the past month. I have over 100lbs to lose
  • MaeC73
    MaeC73 Posts: 23
    Options
    Mom to two beautiful girls. Feel free to add me.
  • lmsky12
    lmsky12 Posts: 32
    Options
    Add me too! I'm a teacher, grad student, and mom to a two-year-old little girl. Would love some MFP buddies. :)
  • agronx
    agronx Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me.Mom of 3, work full time and school part time.
  • ClaireBear160382
    ClaireBear160382 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    mum of 1 boy 3.5, work PT also looking for friends and support on my journey :) feel free to add me
  • Vwine
    Vwine Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi there I would love to add you. I too am working mom with 2 - 22 months and 5 months. I got my hands full and I never lost my weight from my first born and when i got pregnant again it just added. it is so difficult getting it off.
  • mrsT6934
    mrsT6934 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hello! I am a first time mom of a 4 month old who works full time and is looking to lose the last of my baby weight. I have found it is hard to juggle this new life but am determined to not forget about myself in the process :) Add me if you like:smile::smile:
  • kids183
    kids183 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!

I'm a full time working mother of 4 daughters!
  • kshadows
    kshadows Posts: 1,315 Member
    Options

A little about me...I have two boys who I adore! An amazing husband who means the world to me! I work full time and go to school full-time

I could have almost written this myself, except I have a boy and a girl :) Good luck!!!
  • RozayJones
    RozayJones Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Full time woking mom of 4! Happily married to a man who could care less about my size - makes it a harder for me but I'm here to push!
  • hpheath
    hpheath Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hi All -

Full time working Mom to 2 beautiful little girls (10 Mos and a 4 yr) and wife to an amazing husband that travels for work! I am at maintenance but had a long road getting here. I am happy to offer suggestions, support, or whatever else is needed. Feel free to add me.