GAAAHHH stuck on the last pound!

Options
I have been consistently losing a pound a week for almost three months. I am down to MY LAST POUND to goal weight and it will not come off! I know, I know, it's not that important, but after working so hard, I want the validation of reaching my goal!

I've been doing the same thing this whole time and getting results. I net an average of 1300 calories - a little less during the week, a little more on the weekends. I avoid high sodium foods and empty carbs, focusing mostly on proteins, fruits and veggies. I exercise a minimum of 30 min a day - 30 day Shred, running, yoga. I'm 5"5" and currently 131.

Any tips on kicking myself into losing that very last pound (or two)? I've been stuck here for a couple weeks now and it's maddening.

Replies

• Finkerbell
    Finkerbell Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    No advice I just wish you luck. And when you find out let me know because I can't seem to get rid of these last couple lbs either. I'm also doing 30 day shred and I run 4xs a week.
  • dhouse6167
    Options
    Cut your carbs down to 50 carbs a day, also higher cardio, instead of 30 minutes try adding 5-10 minutes
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    tighten up your logging and weigh your food.
  • sshintaku
    sshintaku Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Cut your carbs down to 50 carbs a day, also higher cardio, instead of 30 minutes try adding 5-10 minutes
    Won't this just sort of be artificial loss though? I mean, I know if I ate cucumbers for three days straight I would drop the weight, but when I are normal again it would come back.
  • Sammun
    Sammun Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Eat at maintenance for a little while then drop down to weight loss calories again.
  • MonaLisaLianne
    MonaLisaLianne Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Well.... there's always castor oil! hah. Seriously - if you're like me that last pound IS important. I'm wondering if you're afraid of coming to the end of your journey, and going back to old ways? that would be me. I seem to fear completing things... Fear of the future, maybe?
  • forevermaryb
    forevermaryb Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I have no advice, only empathy. I've been trying to lose the last 1-4 pounds (keeps fluctuating) since December. Granted, during this time I have adjusted my macros and starting strength training, but I would think that 1 lousy pound would come off at some point. I agree that just eating lettuce and cucumbers would get me there, but it wouldn't be a "true" loss (plus, who wants to eat just lettuce and cucumbers?). Good luck!
  • FoxyLifter
    FoxyLifter Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    You know what I say to that last pound? I don't care about you! I am 2 pounds away from the goal weight I entered into MFP when I first signed up. I no longer give an eff as to what a scale says. I'm not going around with a scale in my hand to show people that I weigh a certain number of pounds. What I care about is my body composition. I want to lose fat and maybe a dress size or two, not weight per se. I would much rather weight 150 w/ 15% bf than 135 w/ 25% bf.

Also, the more you lose, the less your body burns. Have you reassessed your calorie level since you lost your last 5 pounds?

And I agree with SezxyStef. Weight everything (preferably in grams).

.... one more thing. Where on EARTH can I get a 100 calorie homemade cupcake?? You must share that recipe!! :bigsmile:
  • sshintaku
    Options
    You know what I say to that last pound? I don't care about you! I am 2 pounds away from the goal weight I entered into MFP when I first signed up. I no longer give an eff as to what a scale says. I'm not going around with a scale in my hand to show people that I weigh a certain number of pounds. What I care about is my body composition. I want to lose fat and maybe a dress size or two, not weight per se. I would much rather weight 150 w/ 15% bf than 135 w/ 25% bf.

Also, the more you lose, the less your body burns. Have you reassessed your calorie level since you lost your last 5 pounds?

And I agree with SezxyStef. Weight everything (preferably in grams).

.... one more thing. Where on EARTH can I get a 100 calorie homemade cupcake?? You must share that recipe!! :bigsmile:

It was a mini cupcake :) I haven't reassessed, but if I'm netting an average of 1300 that seems like it still should be low enough to at least loose SOME weight it not a full pound/week like before?

I AM definitely working on body composition, and you're totally right, I should just focus on that, but man is it frustrating. Haha also I just had a pasta dinner for an event and I'm sure that didn't help anything :D
  • SymphonynSonata
    SymphonynSonata Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Up your exercise slightly but don't eat it back. I don't mean go burn 500 calories, but maybe throw a few more reps in. It'll be probably under 100 calories burned but ALWAYS gets me off the plateau. Good luck and congratulations on your success!
  • roxanethree
    roxanethree Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I'm the same height and aiming for the same goal of 130 lbs. I have 3 lbs left to lose but have been on the last 10 lbs for 4 months now. :P I eat 1800-2000 cal/day so that is why I'm losing so slowly. I know we should ignore the scale, but I just want to be able to say "I'm done" and move onto maintenance now too.
  • sshintaku
    Options
    Up your exercise slightly but don't eat it back. I don't mean go burn 500 calories, but maybe throw a few more reps in. It'll be probably under 100 calories burned but ALWAYS gets me off the plateau. Good luck and congratulations on your success!
    I will give this a try. I've been trying to run more, as I know that's a better calorie burn than my other two standard workouts.
  • sshintaku
    Options
    I'm the same height and aiming for the same goal of 130 lbs. I have 3 lbs left to lose but have been on the last 10 lbs for 4 months now. :P I eat 1800-2000 cal/day so that is why I'm losing so slowly. I know we should ignore the scale, but I just want to be able to say "I'm done" and move onto maintenance now too.

Haha glad to know I'm not alone!
  • fushigi1988
    fushigi1988 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    It is just one pound. Look how far you have come already, why let that 1 pound ruin your happiness?
    You will always fluctuate a bit with your weight, just realx, be happy and healthy.
  • sshintaku
    Options
    So here is the verdict: I was chaperoning a school trip from Friday to Sunday. Over the weekend, I ate more and worse than I normally would but didn't go completely crazy. I was 200-300 calories over each day. I ran every morning and did weights once. When I got home, I was sure I would have gained, from the sodium of restaurant food if nothing else. I dropped a pound. I weighed myself again today to make sure it wasn't a fluke and still down a pound. Really interesting the way weight loss is sometimes counterintuitive.