Just wanted to introduce myself

arivera8255
arivera8255 Posts: 2
edited September 21 in Introduce Yourself
Hello!
I've been lusting after a healthier body for years now and finally, here I am with enough motivation to do something about it! I'm 23 years old and currently weigh 192 lbs.I am married, a new homeowner, and a full-time nursing student...talk about stress!

I feel huge, although all of my friends, family, & co-workers tell me that I'm not, that I'm bigger, but well-proportioned (I am quite a curvy girl haha). My goal is to get to 155 lbs. I'm hoping that this site (and your support) will keep me motivated to lose it and keep it off for good. So here I am! Hopefully you will wecome me to this site with open arms :)

Replies

• We have the same starting weight and close to the same goal! I felt I had to say hi just because we're on the same course :) I too am more curvy, but I don't like the way I look when those curves expand, haha. I would feel very satisfied with being curvy at a healthier weight! I'm now working with a personal trainer one time per week and using this site to help keep track of nutrition goals. I did the HCG diet a couple of years ago and it really took a toll on my metabolism, so most of my work has been building up muscle tissue that I lost during the diet. I feel strongly that getting my metabolism back in balance will help me keep the weight off for good. Of course that's assuming I stick to a healthy food plan :) Welcome to the site! If you'd like to be friends and support each other in weight loss I would love that!

Erin
  • You will love this site. If you put forth the effort to make your goals and workout. This site works I have lost 44lbs in 5 months on this site. Best of luck to you and stay positive. You can do anything you put your mind to. (sounds cheesey but true)
  • That would be wonderful. The more support, the better! I do love my curves as I've learned to embrace them over the past few years, but my weight is not a healthy one. I was going to the gym this time last year, but since picking up more hours for nursing school and losing hours at work, I haven't had the funds to keep on. My husband has invested in some workout equipment and I have gone out and bought some workout videos and will be starting doing that soon. I'm not necessarily on a diet regimin, but I did start today eating ONLY when I'm hungry and making wiser choices. I have to keep this motivation because my big thing is eating when someone else eats or when I'm bored, nervous, etc. I've gained so much just due to nursing school!! It's ridiculous. Anyway, I would love to be weight loss buddies. Find me on facebook, too! Talk to you soon!
This discussion has been closed.