question about sugar

therena
therena Posts: 6 Member
edited September 21 in Food and Nutrition
Hello. So I recently added to watch my sugar on my food diary and I am always over by alot, but most of it comes from fruits and veggis so my question is how do I keep the sugr down when most of my sugar is natural?

Replies

• fxst78
    fxst78 Posts: 221 Member
    Watch your fruit intake (a few a day) but don't worry about the sugars from Vegetables.

As long as you are eliminating the sugars from starchy carbs, processed foods, and the refined sugars (especially HFCS) you don't have to worry too much
  • Bermudabarbie
    Bermudabarbie Posts: 568 Member
    Some sugars are found naturally in fruits and other foods. People say these sugar grams are okay. However, I believe they are only ok in extremely limited quantities, as outlined in your diet goals. If you are "way over" on your sugar grams on a regular basis, adjustments to your diet should be made -- including cutting back on your fruit consumption. This is the beauty of MFP -- it allows you to clearly examine all the imbalances in your diet and adjust them.
  • tierra85
    tierra85 Posts: 300 Member
    I say don't worry about it. I don't. We wont gain weight from eating fruits and veggies lol. I personally eat way more servings of vegetables then fruit a day. I only eat one or two fruits a day. Dont stress yourself out though. As long as you're eating good and clean do what works for you :) Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.