only 2 carbs available at the end of the day..

Options
I find myself with this problem often....I only have 2 carbs, 380 calories, 33 fat, 7 protein and 13 fiber available at the end of the day.

Any suggestions?

Replies

• ALNoog
    ALNoog Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Curious if it's the end if the day why you need more?
  • Amelia7779
    Amelia7779 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Well if you really are determined to stay under that carb limit...chicken breast? Scrambled eggs?

But really, I'd just eat whatever I felt like!
  • LauriG59
    LauriG59 Posts: 6
    Options
    trying to figure out what to eat to finish the others and not go overboard on the carbs....It's 7 pm here, haven't been hungry since 2 pm, but starting to feel like I need to eat something for dinner.
  • LauriG59
    Options
    I'm doing this to beat lymphoma...so conscious about going over on protein as well. Wouldn't the chicken or eggs put me way over on those?
  • ashleyisgreat
    ashleyisgreat Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    How about some cheese? Yummy, high in fat and low in carbs. Perfect.
  • ALNoog
    Options
    trying to figure out what to eat to finish the others and not go overboard on the carbs....It's 7 pm here, haven't been hungry since 2 pm, but starting to feel like I need to eat something for dinner.

Oh I see :) well I agree maybe some chicken or really any kind of meat. Just watch processed meat. I make tuna salad with boiled eggs and sugar free dill relish and mayo.. It ups my calls and fats without upping my carbs... It's under 1 carb a serving.

If you do eggs generally they are 1 carb each so be careful with that.
  • Amelia7779
    Options
    What is your protein set at? Can't see diary, but yes the chicken and eggs would put you over

Nuts, avocado, sautéed vegetables in olive oil or butter. You've got 33 g of fat so that's about 300 calories
  • ALNoog
    Options
    What is your protein set at? Can't see diary, but yes the chicken and eggs would put you over

Nuts, avocado, sautéed vegetables in olive oil or butter. You've got 33 g of fat so that's about 300 calories

It's tough because all of those things have carbs...
    If it was the beginning of the day and more fats were added in as the day progressed
    Then there would be less hunger and a more balance of everything.
  • Hovercat
    Hovercat Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Fat bombs. Glorious fat bombs.
  • Amelia7779
    Options

If it was the beginning of the day and more fats were added in as the day progressed

Sure, but not many. I have no idea what her carbs are set at, but she just said she doesn't want to go overboard. Going over by 5-10 shouldn't be that big of deal. It sounds like going over on protein might be a bigger problem for the OP
  • ALNoog
    Options

Sure, but not many. I have no idea what her carbs are set at, but she just said she doesn't want to go overboard. Going over by 5-10 shouldn't be that big of deal. It sounds like going over on protein might be a bigger problem for the OP

Oh... Maybe I was mistaken... I thought the first post said that there were 2 carbs left and she didn't want to go over.
  • ALNoog
    Options
    Fat bombs. Glorious fat bombs.

I've been wanting to make these... Do you have a recipe you recommend?
  • LauriG59
    Options
    I ran away cuz the suggestion was to eat some cheese.... ;-)

I'm at 1200 calories
    30 carbs
    107 fat
    30 protein
    and
    21 fiber per day.

So...after the cheese I now have
    215 calories
    2 carbs
    19 fat
    over 4 on protein (oh well, the cheese was wonderful)
    13 fiber
    left.

My percentages are 80% fat, 20 both protein and carbs and 1200 calories per day.
  • sodakat
    sodakat Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    That can't be right (80 + 20 + 20 = 120%). Did you mean 60% fat?

Also, I'm not sure how you get 21 grams fiber from 30 grams of carbs. Legumes and pulses maybe?
  • ALNoog
    Options
    I'm at 22 carb and 13 fiber..... It would be easy to do 21/30...... If I had more avocado today it would have pit me at something very similar to 21/30... It would have been 23/34
  • LauriG59
    Options
    should have been 1200 calories, 80% from fat, 10% from carbs and 10% from protein.

I started spending some time looking at keto recipes, so I'm feeling a new excitement about it.

Yay!!!
  • Hovercat
    Hovercat Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I can't remember a specific recipe I used but it had coconut oil, almond butter, cocoa powder and stevia all mixed together and frozen.

Another thing I discovered a few days ago is take half a block of cream cheese, add a tablespoon peanut butter, teaspoon cocoa powder and some vanilla stevia drops. A spoonfull of that is enough to satisfy me. I did polish it off at work yesterday. If I calculated right, half the container was just 3 carbs, 11 fat, 6 protein, 128cal. Reading that over, it's probably too much protein for a fat bomb but adding butter in there somehow would probably make it delicious and more creamy.
  • ALNoog
    Options
    I can't remember a specific recipe I used but it had coconut oil, almond butter, cocoa powder and stevia all mixed together and frozen.

Another thing I discovered a few days ago is take half a block of cream cheese, add a tablespoon peanut butter, teaspoon cocoa powder and some vanilla stevia drops. A spoonfull of that is enough to satisfy me. I did polish it off at work yesterday. If I calculated right, half the container was just 3 carbs, 11 fat, 6 protein, 128cal. Reading that over, it's probably too much protein for a fat bomb but adding butter in there somehow would probably make it delicious and more creamy.

Yum! I've made both of those variations before! So good. I especially love the cream cheese one warm... Heat in the microwave for about 30 seconds and it's fantastic!

I need to get some more coconut oil, I've been using it on my face and body and I think I need a different one for food purposes :)