Cooking veggie patties/burgers?!?!

yoltwag
yoltwag Posts: 114 Member
I'm a pretty unedcuated cook haha..
I got some pre-made veggie patties and let one thaw in the fridge overnight. I just either completely failed at cooking it or I absolutely hate them. Are they still supposed to be mushy or what? I just chucked it in a pan :P

Any help appreciated!

Replies

• charming12u
    charming12u Posts: 49 Member
    Which brand did you try? For me, I tried several types before I found one's I liked. There are some brands that don't have you defrost them (mush factor). Having not eaten a real burger in over 20 years, I'm not expecting it to taste like cow. Just looking for a filling for my burger bun :)
  • ayamagali
    ayamagali Posts: 167 Member
    Ha, I just tried the Malibu gardenburger today and had the same experience! But it's my first one of their kind, so I'll give it a couple more rounds before I pass judgement. I like the quorn vegan burgers, they have a nice toothsome texture. And it's been quite a while, but I remember Morningstar had good products that weren't mushy. I'd wager a guess that wheat gluten based products wouldnt be mushy. What did you try?
  • lauraspberry
    lauraspberry Posts: 655 Member
    You can make one from scratch I always make this one :) it's fool proof, very easy to make :) lauramazeballz.tumblr.com/post/69873806907/the-low-calorie-project-veggie-burger-patties
  • bheathfit
    bheathfit Posts: 451 Member
    I'm a meat eater, but I need fast vegetables from time to time. I eat Morning Star brand veggie patties. 170 calories, 10 Carbs, 18 Protein and 5 fat. They pretty much suck in the microwave, but if you grill them, they aren't too bad.

Edit to add:
    I cook them from frozen or thawed. Difference is cooking time and temperature. They are pre cooked, so they won't kill you if they are under cooked a bit.